| Songers Seven - Memphis Bridge |
This is my brother Casey and Joey's sister Edith who happen to be married to each other and have five cool and nice kids named (L to R) Anderson, Anika, Rosalie, Meredith and Lissa. And after our trip to Florida - we just moved the party to Memphis. It was so, SO fun.... and chill - the perfect blend. Since my kids have "the cousins!" that already live here - they distinguished the Songers as "the double-cousins!" And would constantly be asking "I want to ride with the double-cousins!" Where are the double-cousins?!"
Kate and I took turns hosting and so for the first half of the week, I got "the teenagers". (And since the family was sort of split that way - they got called "the teenagers" the whole trip.) So, my turn hosting "the teenagers" was a blast. I loved hearing their funny stories and they are all so vibrant and excited about life. One night I overheard them laughing hysterically and I just thought "man, they do not act like siblings. they act like best friends or cousins who haven't seen each other for a long time." I talked to Anderson the next day about how impressed I was with their relationship and he was quick to correct me. He said, "no, Lissa and I got in a big fight right before all the laughing. I just don't want you to get the wrong idea. we are not perfect." Oh, that just made me love him even more.
Monday: The Zoo
Anderson about to go up for a high five
Tuesday: Chill at home, attempt to see the new Moroni being put on the temple. (got there at 9:00 but it didn't happen until much later in the day and we left after about an hour and a half. But we got to see the new font hoisted up and over the fence), went to "The Nest" playground, and chilled some more at home. That night we went to Fat Larry's and stuffed ourselves silly eating fried pickles, fried green beans, fried cheese cubes, the sampler bbq platter and even got a few things sent over from our friend Larry himself. Like barbequed turkey and fried sweet potatoes. For dessert we had fried apple, peach and lemon pies. Yeah, I know. You are jealous. (either that or you're judging our grease intake)
Casey and Lucy: Besties
So, after church on the first day the Songers were here - Lucy whispered in my hear - "guess who my bestie is?.... uncle casey! .... because he's magic" She just adored him. Here they at the temple grounds and he's just doing some magic tricks. I spy some serious delight in that there child.
lucy loves casey
lucy "dots by us are coins and they are magic because those butterflies are there and the orange stuff around casey is HIS magic"
Wednesday: Mud Island River Park
We started at the top of the lower Mississippi River and walked 954 miles to the Gulf of Mexico (and it took less time than our drive! It helps when each mile is only 30")
Thursday: Joey the dentist strikes again. Fixing teeth and making smiles beautiful. Lissa, Ani and Casey got their teefs fixed or impressions done or what have you.
and then we all went swimming...
"the teenagers" - see what I mean about these 3? I don't care what they say, they seem to enjoy each other quite a bit.
And Meri - sweet Meri. She of course came bearing gifts for all her little cousins. Gifts that were her own little treasures that she thoughfully gathered and brought with her. She is so cute with babies and kids. What a gal.
These two best cousins were inseparable. They both crazy smart, natural nurturers and love to bake. A match made in heaven.
Blue-lipped Rosie.
Rosalie is so cute with endearing mannerisms and also smart as a whip,
Osky being really cute with Aunt Edith while Kate put a patio swing together all by her manly self. (She's seriously so cool like that). Look at that amazing hair. All I heard both Sundays at church was about Edith and Lissa's hair and how everyone was in love.
Friday: A rest day - lazy and wonderful. Ate, read, lounged, talked, ate, sang karaoke, ate. Oh and Casey, Joey, Anderson and Lissa had a disc golf adventure at Bud Hill - southern disc golf at its finest.
Saturday - Lake day!
Of course we had to give the Songer kids a ride on the old Super Mable. And sure enough - she did not let us down. Lots of squeals and fun rides. At one point we had some teens and adults and it snapped the rope! We are so hard core. :) Also, all the Songer kids skied! And Anderson did all the requirements for a waterskiing merit badge.
Sunday: Saying good-bye.....
and there they go....
Bye Songers!!!
We loved your visit so much!
What a wonderful bunch of people to be doubly related to.
They definitely left us better than they found us.
























5 comments:
I love this, every word and picture and drop of water even tho' it's too cold here in Johannesburg at the moment to even think about getting wet.
The best visit!!! We loved having them here so much!! I'm so glad you got so many great pictures since my camera was out of commission. I will be stealing some. :) Great post Katie!!
Oh, and that picture with the three huggers?! Cutest ever!!
Love all yous guys!
Hey, thanks for having us! It takes me a while to comment these days.
We had the best vacation ever, and it was so generous of you to host us all for so long.
Post a Comment