Thursday, June 11, 2015

Lucy's school year and graduation

Lucy
quick recap of a few of Lucy's dress-up days

What you want to be when you grow up
(rockstar)

Cowboy Day

Disney Character Day

Flag Day

Jammies Day
  
Pirate Day

Rainbow Day

Dr. Seuss Day
Cindy Lou Who, Cat in the Hat and Thing 2 (sorry lucy....from mom)

Umbrella Day

Halloween
princesses and sharks - a classic combination

Easter bunnies



Star of the week in November


So, the school year was great.  Our carpool was so much fun.  Lucy, Emme and Bennett were inseparable and loved each other... as long as they weren't talking about marriage.  It was a little bit of a love triangle - so the girls spent a lot of the year fighting over which one of them was going to marry Bennett.  :)

Lucy surprised me at the way she approached school.  She is such a force to be reckoned with at home - with strong opinions and a fun personality.  But her teacher said that at school she was SO extremely quiet.  And that she barely heard her talk at all.   Once at snack time they accidentally skipped her when opening everyone's snack and she didn't say a word and just sat there while everyone ate their snack.  At the end someone noticed it and couldn't believe she didn't say anything.  I am seriously shocked to hear this because she is such a crazy, fun and unabashed person at home.  Ms. Amber kept saying how opposite Luke and Lucy were.  Luke was sure talkative and friendly but also had to work on his behavior a lot.  I don't know, it's interesting.  I have a hard time picturing a little demure Lucy not saying a word.  But I'm liking this perfect behavior business.  :)  And she really did love school.

Lucy loves writing and drawing.  She is super independent so she never asks me to help her spell something.  She just sounds it out the best she can and writes it down.  It's pretty amazing how much she can write.  I also love Lucy's style of drawing.  Here are a few samples - although I know I have tons more but I can't find them.  So, I'll add them later.  I love the one on the right that she did of Allison (our neighbor and babysitter) and her.  Allison had just had surgery so those are band-aids on her arms.


A drawing of herself as a "mail lady"




Last day of school

We love Mrs Amber!!!


Graduation

photo by Becca

photos by Kate

getting her diploma

They changed into Mickey ears and did some jokes and songs.  It was dang cute. 

Everyone got candy bar awards.  And these three got the award of "The Three Musketeers"

This video cracks me up.  I love how serious Lucy is.  She says a joke about Mickey and tells what she wants to be when she grows up "I want to be a rockstar because I love to sing and wear purple every day." 

lucypreschoolgraduation from katiehale on Vimeo.

That night I was lying in bed with Lucy and she said it was the very best day!  When I asked her why - she said - because I loved doing my graduation.  I asked her what her favorite part was and she said  "Your face smiling at me".  Ahhhh - she is a good one.  I'll keep her. 

7 comments:

kate said...

Oh that was fun!! It was a great year and I'm really glad we did it, even though Emme was hesitant, because we have these fun memories! I LOVE Lucy's art so much, and her writing and reading skills are truly amazing. Such a determined and bright girl! We love Lucy!

kate said...

Oh that was fun!! It was a great year and I'm really glad we did it, even though Emme was hesitant, because we have these fun memories! I LOVE Lucy's art so much, and her writing and reading skills are truly amazing. Such a determined and bright girl! We love Lucy!

Clint C. said...

You are such a good Mom. When I was at Bon Lin I boycotted 30% of the costume days, probably because it was so different from CA where they never ask anything of the parents that might cost money because of being considerate of income differences and I'm cheap. I love that they got an award for the 3 Muskateers. I can't wait to see you guys!

J to the oey said...

What. Cute pictures. Of those little girls. Love it

Jenny said...

I love that there was a love triangle. Those situations can be fierce. It's never too soon to call dibs on a husband. I'm wondering where you got supplies for all the costumes. Oh, and I love Lucy's rainbow person with band aids.

Lindsay said...

That's a lot of costumes - that's a lot of work for you. But I imagine the kids loved it. I totally teared up when I read that little story about Lucy loving your smiling face. Darling! So sweet!

PhilHale said...

Congratulations on your graduation, Lucy. Katie, that will be your favorite kind of graduation, I bet. I love Lucy as the mail lady.

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed