Happy Father's Day to the world's greatest dad. "Congratulations! You did it! World's Best Dad! Good job you guys" (Elf)
Luke says - "It was my half birthday today and then dad got me soooo cool presents: battle borgs, rubiks cube, pacman set and simon. it makes me think that he's the best dad in the world. I love that he's good at disc golf. He exercises a lot to stay healthy. And he wrestles a lot with me. Thanks Dad. "
Lucy says - "I love dad. He is my very best dad ever. I love him so much because he does good things with me like when I draw something to people - I do rainbows and he does really good at doing the ROY G BIV. He helps me because he's smart about ROY G BIV. I hope you have a very good Father's Day. From Lucy To Dad"
Maryanne says - "I love dad because he loves me. And I love Freddy. My favorite thing is doing fun stuff and loving daddy. "
Joey you are totally rocking this dad thing. Like for real. Let me just tell you my favorite things you've done the past few months to remind you that you are... kind of a big deal.
- you MADE us a cool TV cabinet from scratch that I love so much. You are so manly.
and I love that you wrote funny things on the "drawers" like - chupacabras, nose goblins, bezoars and stinkerbells
And while you were at it with all your manliness - you just went ahead and made Maryanne a little bed. The room was cramped with 2 full sized beds and so you were all "I'll just make her a bed" and then a couple hours later - she had one!
Luke - "You read Harry Potter to me! And Harry Potter is so awesome." You spent time with Luke reading with him and it was so fun to watch him love it and start reading on his own. And remember how you were like "hmm hmm hmmm, I'm going to sit here and read Harry Potter with these yummy snacks" And Luke was like "What? What is that? Can I read that with you?" And with feigned surprise you said "Oh, really? You'd want to read this with me? Well, ok."

- The Ice Cream truck! The day our van was transformed into an ice cream truck. You think up things that kids don't even know to ask for. And then show them the time of their lives. Downloading ice cream music from YouTube, making signs with the kids, buying a cooler full of popsicles and ice cream and then driving around the neighborhood blasting music and handing out ice cream? Who does that? Who's yo daddy now?
- Neighborhood Outdoor Cinema. So one night you decided to project "Paddington Bear" onto our garage door and the neighborhood kids flocked to see it. I think there were about 20 kids watching. It ended up being such a fun night thanks to the coolness of you.
- Nature Hikes. So, not only do you take your daughters on nature hikes and teach them a bunch of cool stuff - but then you print out all the pictures and have them make nature books. I mean, I don't know is anyone else thinking that is pretty cool?
![]() |
| rootbeer (sassafras) |
Sorry, some are blurry but I'm kind of a in a hurry since it's late and Joey's almost home from a late night mountain biking.
I just want to say - that I'm sure glad you are the father of my children. You are the funnest, smartest, strongest, bestest dad - it's positively so. It makes me love you so much more all the time to watch you play with our kids and love them. You are an incredible father and our kids are lucky to have you. I'm lucky to have you.
Happy Father's Day!!
(a very fatherly nap. love notes on your face included)
















7 comments:
He is so awesome!! He reminds me of my dad. What a great tribute, Katie. I loved it.
Joey is da' bomb.com. I always thought he was really cool but after this post I know for sure. Come be our bff neighbors!!!
What a good Joey! I LOVE the ice cream truck idea!
We had such a great time with you guys, and we miss you tons.
P.S. If you have an empty drawer on your tv cabinet, may I suggest you store tatterdemalions in it? It's nice to have those on hand, if you run out of rapscallions.
Katie that was wonderful! Joey is a wonder and we love him. So many great ideas!
Pretty wonderful: the writer and the writee.
Oh, I really enjoyed that. Joey making adventures for the kids, just like Dad used to do.
What a great post of a great, great dad! I loved it, and I don't know why I didn't ever see it. I guess I should use a real live computer more often. Love you guys.
Post a Comment