Saturday, June 8, 2013

playing

So, I'm conflicted in my life right now.  I can't seem to balance fun and work.  Fun just seems more fun somehow.  I used to love to stay home and get stuff done, but now with 3 kids - staying home trying to get stuff done just ends up being a day I fight with my kids.  They want my attention and I want to check off my to-do list. - thus the conflict.  And I end up letting them watch more tv that I want to.  I really really love days that we just wake up and go do something fun because they are happy and I am happy.  But alas - laundry needs to be done, bills need to be paid and the messes keep piling up.  And then I get stuck with those long to-do lists and we are back to the fighting and tv watching.  I need to balance it somehow.  I guess if I balanced each day better and not be so "all or nothing" - that might work.  Anyway - I would love any tips for doing that.

Can't say I have too many pictures of the cleaning and staying home days, but here are some of our days of play....

botanic gardens


girl time

shelby farms



playing "camping" in the woods

Oliver.
The box turtle we found in our driveway.
Our pet for a few days until he escaped from his awesome outdoor turtle house we made him. And then found out it's illegal to have pet turtles in TN. whoops! 



Geyser at the zoo - he said, "mom, look at me - I'm waterbending!"
(photo by Kate)

Mud Island River Park paddle boats




Playgroup - W.C. Johnson Splash Park
Let me just say that this playgroup SAVES me!  I love it so much.  And Lindsay Wetzel - who made it happen - is now moving.  But we have to keep it alive!  It is so great to see friends once a week and do something really fun and also let the kids see their friends.  I can't believe that I lived here for 3 years without a playgroup.  It is the best thing ever.
Jerianne (with Emily), Jill (with Marty) and Marie (with Kaden)






 YMCA Swimming pool
Oh, and this little girl has been melting my heart.  Something about a chubby little one year old in a swimming suit who does her wobbly walk around the pool is just the cutest darn thing ever.  I just want to squeeze every squeezable part of her.  And she is fearless with water!  She is delighted by all her new summer explorations.


1 comment:

Jenny said...

I have no balance either. But on the other end--I just stay home.

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed