This Lucy is a kick in the pants. She is such a funny and interesting girl to have around. I love her creativity, her style and her uniqueness. She dresses herself and I have to say she can put together better outfits than I could anyway. More creative and stylish. She's got that 3 year old "no fear" thing going for her.
She's interesting because she doesn't really seem to need much entertainment or parenting. She does most things on her own and is a very happy child doing just that. We were at Mud Island River Park on a play date last month and she spent 20 or 30 minutes just dancing to her hearts content under the speakers all by herself. She does that a lot - just sings, colors, dances or whatever on her own. It doesn't matter who is around or if anyone is watching.
And she's really quite brave. Upstairs is our movie room and because we have the movie screen pulled down over the window - it's dark up there. If Luke leaves a sword or spaceship up there, he is afraid to go up and get it on his own. He asks Lucy to come with him to get it. Sometimes she runs up there on her own and gets it for him. And sometimes if Luke and Lucy are being too crazy at night - we have to separate them and send Lucy upstairs to sleep. The reason we don't send Luke is because he would flip out to have to sleep up there by himself. And it's interesting because sometimes in the morning Lucy is back in her bed. Like she woke up, came downstairs and climbed up the ladder to her bunk bed by herself without even waking us up or needing us.
Last month sometime, Joey put up a tent in our garage and projected a movie on the wall for a movie night with the cousins. (we had promised the kids camping but it was raining so we did this instead) We left the tent up for 4 or 5 days and so the kids could play in it. They were too scared to sleep out there by themselves, so never did that. But one morning later in the week I woke up and Lucy wasn't in her bed. I looked for her everywhere. And finally went out to the garage and found her asleep in the tent!! We had put her to bed in her own bed and in the middle of the night she must have woken up, and decided to sleep in the creaky old garage all by herself! It's things like that that just make me wonder at her independence and sense of self.
I love this girl. And she too had a little preschool graduation ceremony a few days after Luke's. I guess she was actually in PrePrePreschool since this was 3 years before Kindergarten. :) Her school was with Olivia, Alex and Daxton. Kate made graduation caps and diplomas for all the kids.
They sang some of their songs for the dads
And told their favorite memory from (pre-pre) preschool
Then, they did the processional march and got their diplomas
I made a slideshow and we all watched it. And then ate food.
If you actually watch the slideshow - you might just get the bonus of seeing the day we learned about farms and the kids are milking a cow. And the cow is me.
Good job you little kiddos! It was a fun year.

4 comments:
I love the picture with her arms stretched out. And I love all the stories of bravery.
Way to be a cow, Katie. That takes guts.
Love that Lucy. She's got spunk. Those dancing shots are priceless.
You always pick the best songs for your videos. You introduce me to great new artists.
I love Lucy dancing! Love your graduation slideshow. What a great memory keeper for those dear little people.
I cannot say enough how awesome this little lady is, I am so crazy about her! I'm also pretty jelly that she dresses herself... Josh won't even attempt it. Not to mention she does put together some fierce ensembles, I could take a lesson!
Post a Comment