Wednesday, July 11, 2012

TREY KAY DAY

It was the best of days, it was the worst of days
It was June 20th and this was my day....




And Joey came home from work on that very day and just happened to give me a special card he made saying to get excited because it was our TREY KAY DAY (meaning we have been married for 3,000 days).  He had arranged for the kids and whisked me away for a surprise date. (see our ton-aversary or 2,000 days here)  He drove me to a shared parking lot for a lot of businesses and I was looking around trying to figure out where we were going.   Home Depot?  Old Navy?  Nope... Paint A Piece.  Huh?  Yeah, we painted our own ceramics!  (shout out to Mrs. Shiazawa from Valley Elementary!)   I was skeptical at first but it was actually a really fun night.  Just working on our little projects and laughing. 

Joey made a commemorative Trey Kay Day Plate:




I made some romantic Katie and Joey salt and pepper shakers!



 And then he took me to Melting Pot for an amazing 4 course meal!  More laughing and talking.  We didn't get any pictures of this night... oh actually we might have one on my phone .... hold on.
yeah, here is a not-so-great picture of us flashing our 3K gang signs post date at the Wilsons.


Such a fun husband.  I love that he is so creative and thoughtful... even after 3,000 days.  And I really, REALLY needed this night.

7 comments:

Clint C. said...

Oh, that video! Why is it so funny?!! Keep it forever and always! That Joey what a romantic. Trey Kay forever! And I loved your s&p shakers. I really miss you guys! But only for 3 more days!!

Robin said...

HAHAHAAAAA!!! Oh my gosh...that video is classic. I'm only laughing my head off about it because you were able to have a wonderful ending to a not so ideal day. If it hadn't ended well, then I'd be totally supportive right now and tell you that it will all be worth it one day...you know, when they're all grown up, and they're bffs and living just down the street from each other and their own kids are playing like they're bffs.

You rock the Mom business, Kates.

kate said...

yep, i laughed really hard. so funny!!!!/sad. /funny. you totally earned that trey k. LOVED the pictures from sheri's party too, that was such a fun night! our life is trey k times more fun since we moved here. you guys are da BEST!

edith said...

This is just my personality, but I'm still stressed out over those crying kids (mostly the baby). I'm glad you got time out! Love those Salt Shakers. Mostly. Part of me wants to whap Joey up the side of the head.
Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!

Ninon said...

Sorry, Katie. But I laughed at the video. I felt bad laughing - but I laughed anyway.

And then I laughed again at your salt shakers.

You are all kinds of awesome. And so is Joey.

Micaela said...

I felt like crying watching that video. Isn't that the moment when we are secretly hoping that our visiting teachers are getting 'the vibe.' When life is like that please call. I know you can handle it all, but for real. Gosh, that video is so real. I think that I am going to make one too just so that I can always remember how crazy it can get. You are a phenomenal mom Katie. Way to go taking a video instead of beating everyone! lol

Rachel said...

You guys rock the party that rocks the party. That video...=)

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed