Thursday, September 23, 2010

Milky Way

The other morning I went to the kitchen and walked into a cloud of white powder - that I thought was flour. Oh, how I wish it was flour. It was powdered milk. Sticky and stinky powdered milk. It left a white film on every surface in my kitchen. The kids went in the bath - which of course - water + powdered milk = milk. They were swimming around in a luxurious opaque milk bath. I cleaned and cleaned but our house is still smelling pretty milky.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow, that story's going down in history. You can put it on the wedding video of these two when they get all married to each other.

Ninon said...

Hmmm. Reminds me of when Doug dumped white sugar on the carpet and then rolled Alma around in it. And coincidentally that picture did make it into her wedding video. She was about 7 months old.

But I bet it was easier to clean up than powdered milk! You have my sympathy!

olderockhouse said...

Oh...My...Mess! The only thing good about it is those two really cute kids. We miss and love you four!

Katie B. said...

Way to take pictures of it. It makes for a great, funny memory to look back on.

Erika said...

HOLY MESS! Wow that is crazy...but the kids look SOOOO happy. I LOVE your blog Katie, I always laugh at things you write. Like "Yes, we've been to Asia" with the peace signs...SERIOUSLY funny!

victoria said...

I remember a similar Jello powder dusting of my kitchen one day. It's one of those funny-when-you-look-back things. So right on for taking pictures.

Clint C. said...

A milk bath--how luxurious! Trace is becoming a master at making a mess a minute--but I still wish he had a partner in crime!

Ye Stewart Clan said...

Oh man I seriously struggle with messes like these. Right now Tennyson is getting water all over my kitchen because he is not *eating* his shaved ice, he is rubbing it all over the table, etc. My uptight side wants to freak out. My free spirited side says, "Don't you remember doing the exact same stuff at his age?" So what to do. What to do.

Holly said...

You, my friend, are FAR more patient than I.

Cookie Monster said...

This just seems like something that would happen to Jenny when she is supposed to be home to greet Star's kids and instead she is eating peach crepes at her mom's house.

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed