Friday, April 2, 2010

The last Songer weds

that's right - our dear Emzeez got married a week ago...

isn't she soooo pretty? And this is my new brother-in-law - Jacob. He's a charmer. Both of my children absolutely loved him from the minute they met him. In fact, I'm pretty sure everyone who meets him loves him right away. Lucy showered him with smiles and he played with Luke for hours. Luke loves his new uncle Jacob. Here they are singing karaoke


And remember how pretty Emily looked? Well guess who did her hair...

Don't you love him?
The reception was in my dad's art studio. I wish I had a before picture - because this was quite the transformation. I thought it ended up being really classy.


I can't believe that all 6 kids are married now. I couldn't be happier for Ems. She really picked a real winner. Welcome to the family Jacob! And congrats to the new
Jacob & Emily Hanks!

12 comments:

thelivesofthebradyfamily said...

Wow! I didn't know she was getting married! She is so pretty and looks very happy. Jake looks like a great guy, too. Congratulations, you two!!!

Katie B. said...

Ooh! I love the little veil and the vintage-y dress!

Jenny said...

My kids love Jake more than your kids do.
(Good pictures, by the way.)

kate said...

they are really beautiful! yay!

Robin said...

YAY EMS!!! I am so excited for her! She's such a beautiful bride. It looks like it was such a wonderful day. I'm glad you had a good trip to Utah. Too bad it wasn't a SPECTACULAR trip because you didn't see us, right? RIGHT?? So really, have I told you lately that you are the best? That really has nothing to do with your post, you just are the best.

Haylee said...

I LOVE her vintage style dress. It is beautiful!

Burnhams said...

How fun. LOVE her dress too!

Lana said...

Congrats EM!!! The dress fits you perfectly!! You look so beautiful. Your Dads studio is awesome as well!! I have never seen it before! I guess I have been gone too long! ;)

victoria said...

I love how the dress and veil turned out! Good job, 'dith. They look so cute and happy.

Tina said...

I love love love her dress! I would love to see a full picture of it

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

I don't have a picture of her dress - but I'm sure I will get more pictures from family. I'll try to post one.

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed