Thursday, April 8, 2010

burning the midnight oil

We stayed up until 3 am swimming in insulation and sawdust last night. It felt just like the good old days in Maryland. We have a knack for setting unrealistic deadlines and then killing ourselves to make them. Like the night before the Elders moved in our basement - we worked right through the night and barely - and I mean barely - got it done as they pulled in to move in the next morning. phew! Today the guys were coming to hang the sheetrock so we HAD to get it all wired and insulated before they came. But at 3 am ran out of insulation - so we went to bed. My coolio sister-in-law saved the day and brought her minivan full of insulation early this morning.


yeah, I taped my wrists with blue tape - i hate that itchy insulation - don't make fun of me.


look at that guy living on the edge all bare armed and such.

So, this is what is happening right this moment...

look at his cool stilts.

Joey's got big plans for this room. All I know is every time I walk by him on the computer - he's looking at speakers, projectors, screens, etc. He used to look at mt. bikes in his spare time but then he got one so now he's moved on to looking at gadgets for our home theater.

9 comments:

kate said...

sooooo exciting! it's going to be awesome. can't wait to see!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I totally remember helping out the night before the elders moved in. I think I spackled the baseboards and fixed a ceiling tile. Looks great. You are crazy though for doing the drywall finishing. That is the worse part. It is worse than the insulation. I wouldn't touch the drywall finishing with a 10 foot pole or 3 foot stilts. :) Anyways I can't wait until we come there and see it. Maybe in the summer.

Katie said...

OH don't worry Bryce - we didn't do the drywall. We hired it out. I don't know the guy on the stilts - he just let me take his picture. And yeah, and thanks for that help in MD. We seriously needed it. You guys HAVE to come cause I have all of Amy's maternity clothes. Have to, have to - it was all part of the plan. And now we will have a place for all the kids to camp.

Tristina said...

Wow, looks amazing!! I guess 2 kids and a renovation are good excuses for not calling me back :-)

victoria said...

That looks like it will be such a fun room! I think we should come and have a Corner Gas-a-thon. But not in the corner. Can't wait to see it all finished.

edith said...

You guys are such good workers. That's a guest room, I can tell. Can't wait to use it. Maybe. Sometime.

Rachel said...

you guys are so handy! next time we come through Tennessee can we watch a movie on the big screen with you? those stilts remind me of the good 'ol days when i used to wear them on the byu paint crew. betcha never knew i was a totally pro painter chick huh? shoulda' called me to help instead of bryce. ;)

Clint C. said...

Can we be like you? I want a place like that. Meantime, invite us over.

Unknown said...

ooooh...can't wait to come and chill and have Joey drill!

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed