Monday, April 19, 2010

Costa Ricans have more fun

So, lots has been going on in the Songer family lately. Emily got married, I had a baby and now Jake and his family are moving to Costa Rica!! You know Jake, my super adventurous brother? Well he just took it to a whole new level. He doesn't speak Spanish, he doesn't have a job in CR or a place to live really and he's moving his wife and his three kids to this cool cloud forest area called Monteverde - just for adventure and to give his kids a cultural experience. They will all learn Spanish and he's got some ideas of what he's going to do and will most likely build a house there. Isn't he a fun one?
We're sad he's leaving but lucky us - we got Jake and Rebekah all to ourselves before they move. They came to Memphis once again and although there wasn't a repeat of the snake swim, there was still some pretty burly stuff going on - check this out...


yeah, i probably should have warned you about that video. operation: remove rock from finger. kitchen table surgery. jake had a rock in his finger. ??? he was working on sarah and shaun's house and .. oh i forget the details but something about a rock shooting into his finger. He said he could feel it and when he shone a flashlight - he could see it. So - Joey took it out for him.

After a Stanky Creek mt. bike ride. Even though they came back covered in mud and gashes - they were on a high from the amazing ride through wild flowers and fire flies - er wait, i mean the high was from all the sweet jumps they did.... and landed. that's right.


Jake installed some doors for us and we primed the bonus room


It should be noted that Rebekah is a fitness maniac. Here she is sporting her CrossFit shirt - and we hear she is the CrossFit champion. I took her to my gym with me and she outdanced the instructor at her first Zumba class and upon returning home rocked her Dance Dance Revolution game for a couple hours.


"I want Uncle Jake" - Luke, 2 years old, all day everyday since Jake left.



"Thanks Aunt Rebekah for being the best baby conversationalist I've yet to encounter on this earth" -Lucy Kate, age 3 months, what she would say if she could.


Fun trip. It's amazing how much these guys can cram into 2 days!! We love you - and good luck on your Costa Rica adventure!

8 comments:

Jake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kate said...

cool operation! and i loved the lukey giggles! yay! i love it when you post a new post, katie! your blog makes me so happy!

victoria said...

Oh, man. I miss you guys. I haven't had a good bloody finger or bad tooth in a while, and I want one, dangit. I look forward to seeing your finished bonus playpen.

Jake said...

Oooups.. Truman and I deleted my comment somehow. (2 year old in the lap user error) Hope you read it. Thanks again for awesome hosting job y'all did. We want to move to Memphis now instead.

Mike McBorg said...

I thought they were painting their fingernails in that video of the rock operation. I guess you held that video back. It wouldn't have really gone with the theme anyway.

Jenny said...

Andrew says:
Luke was scared. It was funny. Uncle Jake was sure like a monster I bet. And Uncle Jake scared Luke. Oh no. I bet Luke's cute. Well he is. You're the only one who comments on my blog. Well, today my mom commented on my blog. Bloggy blog blog. And I hope there's a lot to do.
Bye!

Starley Family said...

I love reading your posts Katie!!! I just can't stop smiling! Wow what a fun bonus room. Now I really am going to climb into our attic and see whats what up there...
I heart your dad's art studio...

Holly said...

Oh, Kate, where to start???? First of all, things have been a little sad as far as commenting goes lately because I've been checkin' the Hale fam out through reader. It has changed my commenting happiness. I have decided to change that by actually coming to the blog tonight. First of all, I love your new header, and your side pics of your darling munchkins. Second of all, I don't think I mentioned it, but I so heart your 80's bangs and it makes me SO happy to see that post again. Your stretchy pants are completely classic and I love it. Second of all, I am impressed with your puerto rican goin' fam! That is so stinkin cool. I wish I were that brave. Oklahoma is as wild as we get at the Richin's home. Woohoo Ü. Let's see, what else..........Oh, I miss you. That's all for now Ü

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed