awesome eighties

Joey's sister Sarah turned 40 in style. They threw a rockin' 80's party - I guess to commemorate her teenage years.

I won best hair
and the dude with the mullet won best overall costume.
But I got the rubiks cube - so it was totally worth cutting my bangs.
Every story has a beginning...
Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.
14 comments:
So, you didn't have bangs before? I could totally be a detective.
Wah! I didn't call Sarah on her birthday! I'm so lame.
Looks like a nice party. Rock on.
hahahahaha!! it's sad how familiar all that clothing looks. i totally wore that. and i know how to rat my bangs. you all look sooooo awesome! wish i could have been there!
this is rebekah I am too lazy to log off gracie's account! You look sooooo coool! So pretty in pink!
You look exactly like you did in junior high. You just took 20 years off your life!
I agree with Jenny, at first I thought it was a pic from Jr High, but then I noticed Joey looked old. Tee hee, just kidding Joey. Such a fun party, Sarah is awesome!
Gnarly and radical to the max. I sewed some of my own units. Remember units? And I was really good at doubling (and tripling) up my socks, coordinating the colors. Your hair really looks great, Katie.
love it!
It really does look like a picture of you from Junior high!
It kinda looks like you're from Idaho!
Awesome photos....we had such a blast!! And your hair was totally radical!!
What a fun party. You guys look awesome. It reminds me of our "Bang" party and Joey's funny little beard. Also, I am excited to see the finished product of the bonus room. You are such great project people. I can hardly manage to hang all the pictures in my home let alone remodel something. Way to go.As for the Dental Practice... we will keep our eyes peeled. :)
Wow, you reminded me of what you looked like when I very first met you in sixth grade!! I guess the only thing that's changed about you is your hair!
Well, that and your awesomeness has increased of course.
I LOVED it!! Aren't we all glad the 80's are over? :) You look great! I cannot believe you just had a baby! Lucy's blessing pictures are beautiful and we are back to the home projects as well. WE can relate.
You look SO TOTALLY RAD! I love the layers...in your clothes and bangs! SO rockin' it 80's style! But in all seriousness I love your new "do", I noticed it at TOFW, so chic and cute!
Katie- the bangs are so great. Keep them. And as for the Rubiks cube. One day we thought it would be cool if we learned how to solve it and could just do it at any given moment.... so there is a good lesson on youtube. We tried to follow it for a while, then moved onto something else. Like trying to learn the dance from SYTYCD or something like that. But- just so you know. You can learn to solve it, and I would be really impressed.
Post a Comment