it rained
and rained
and rained
and... yep... rained some more
My brother and his cool family live in Monteverde on a mountain in a tropical cloud forest. And it rains there. Normally just a little every day in the afternoon with sunny mornings. But because of some cheeky hurricane named Matthew - we got about 4 days and nights without seeing blue sky or sunshine. Oh and to make things even wetter - the dryer broke the day we got there. Everything got wet and stayed wet. We did a lot of indoor bonding. The kids got creative.
Dr. Gracie nursing the "sick" toddlers back to health with shots of orange kool-aid.
Then tea and crumpets including delectable loops de frutas
Some education:
Truman doing his best to teach Luke his amazing face-making skills
and Luke & Truman review their letters Uncle Jake style
click icon with arrows to enlarge
Untitled from katiehale on Vimeo.
Another favorite while staying cozy inside was eating AMAZING food. Breakfast, lunch & dinner were each a culinary treat. We tried all sorts of crazy new tropical fruits and native Costa Rican dishes with a variety of special sauces.
Weatherman Luke Hale reports live from Monteverde Costa Rica
Untitled from katiehale on Vimeo.
7 comments:
as Luke said - OH NO! Did it rain the whole time? At least you got some good bonding time.
I LOVED the videos. Luke reminds me so much of Caelan. Those two need to meet someday.
I love how you are at the beach, in your swim suits, holding an umbrella! haha. I'm guessing it was at least warm rain. As far as rain goes... I'm used to that from growing up in Alaska. You guys and your adventures. You sure know how to live. I love it.
Oh yeah, So I have read in Jake's blog that there was a prize for the first one to visit. I assume your family was the first...so what was the prize? :) Rain??!??!
You didn't tell me Jake was bald!
You guys look REALLY WET in all these pics.
That looks like so much fun! I think Tal's reading book last year mentioned that one of the Central American countries is the wettest in the world. Miss you guys!
Ok, but there was SOME sun. And ironically, there has not been one single drop of rain since K&J left this crazy mountaintop. Katie, we miss you guys and we wish we could be part of a creepy family compound with yall. Much love.
Okay, I haven't checked the blog in a while, but seriously... that is some SERIOUS traveling. That is awesome! Even if it is raining it still looks warm right? :)
Wow, next stop-OREGON!!
Post a Comment