a new class
a new menu (of spiders, cats, fences, pumpkins, buses, cars and snakes)
a new skill
Untitled from katiehale on Vimeo.
Luke is a pretty funny kid. He's really into asking us permission to do something and then saying "or yeah or no?" (his version of "say yes or no") He is still pretty rambunctious but now at least comes up with pretty good reasons why. One day when he was being super loud I asked him why he was yelling at me and he said "cause I want to protect you." hmmm I'm not sure how that works but...Oh and he's super tough. Since he runs full speed at all times - he falls down on the sidewalk about 4 or 5 times a day. And he says, "that was a hard time" and then gets up and keep running. It always makes me chuckle. One day he sat on the kitchen floor with his legs out in front of him and said "I have lots of owies" as he observed his legs. I went over and he was bleeding in numerous places! He never gets too upset over his lots of owies.
I'm training for the St. Jude half marathon. I get up at the unreasonable hour of 5:00 am and go running with my friend Jerianne. The other day as we were running, I stepped off a curb and fell hard. I thought of Luke and tried to be tough and not cry. If he can do it 5 times a day without crying - I should be able to do it too. "that was a hard time" but I'm ok.
PS - stay tuned for Luke's Halloween. He was a monster this year. And I think he really identified with the costume because he asked to wear it all the time and even wanted to sleep in it. Let's just say it was a good fit.
8 comments:
Your kids are so cute. And way better at flipping pancakes than mine were at that age. Because I'm a kitchen nazi, dang it.
Looking forward to the monster costume. Did I ever tell you that Anderson spent about a year of his life as a dinosaur around this age?
oh man, i like that luke. or yeah or no? YEAH! looking forward to the costume!
That made me chuckle. I want to adopt the phrase, "that was a hard time." And I -ha,ha,ha - loved how he looked down at his bleeding legs and calmly said he had a bunch of owies! Go Luke. I think he is a boy . . . or yeah or no?
I feel like I need to know more about the black girly wig with the spidery face paint.
I'm curious about that black wig and the squiggles on the faces, too.
And good job, Katie! Picking yourself up like that. AFTER getting up at 5 to do it! :-)
Ok, well there were a few days there that i was painting luke's face with eyeliner just for fun. different animal requests ect. and so he has snakes on his cheeks and spider on his nose. (it's hard to do with eyeliner though) so, that was it - just hanging out at home and then i got out that wig to wear to YW that night and put it on him for a split second and took a picture.
Katie - I love all of the races you are doing - and with two little ones at home no less! I don't remember you getting up at 5AM when you worked at NMD?!
You are such good people and Luke and Lucy are such cutie pies. I love the 9 month stage because they have become so fun but still don't have too much attitude. Luke is at a fun age too, it is so funny all the things kids come up with.
Tell, Jerianne hi, so fun that you have such an awesome running partner.
Post a Comment