So, I haven't written much about this pregnancy. And to be honest, I haven't thought about it much. I obsessed about pregnancy and child birth when I was pregnant with Luke. It's all I thought about. I read all the books, had crazy dreams, asked everyone I knew about their birth experience etc. But this time, I guess since I've done it before and I have a pretty energetic Lukey to keep up with - I haven't thought about it as much. It's just been the last couple of days I've thought - I'M HAVING A BABY THIS MONTH! Maybe I should start getting ready. I went through all her clothes and organized them into sizes. I went through all of Luke's clothes and pulled out the ones that would work for a girl. It's actually a kind of a high getting all the little hats, socks, onsies, jammies, outfits and dresses ready.
This pregnancy has been really good except the first trimester was yucky. Even though I'm huge and uncomfortable right now, I would choose this over being nauseous any day. I was never sick with Luke but was sick with this baby and I gained an appreciation for all the girls I know who are really sick during pregnancy. I wasn't even really sick, just sick and I hated it. Speaking of things I've gained - I've also gained about 35 pounds - which is the same as with Luke. Although I've been exercising like crazy this time and I didn't exercise a single day with Luke so I'm surprised I've gained so much. I did a fitness challenge thing in December at our gym and it was REALLY hard but I DID IT! The challenge was just going to 15 exercise classes in the month but it was hard for lazy, lazy me. My prize is a t-shirt from the gym. Yeah, I know. But Joey bought me a prenatal massage session for Christmas that I used as my reward too. I did a lot of water aerobics with sweet old ladies who give me a lot of attention, some body conditioning, some step and even a few boot camp sessions. It's been fun.
I'm due on January 28th - so I have about 3 1/2 weeks left. I reread some of my old journals when Luke was first born and read how I got 20 minutes of sleep one night. How did I forget THAT? I read about how much pain I was in and how hard it was to keep up with breastfeeding and his sleeping (or non-sleeping) schedule. As I was reading, all the memories came flooding back and I got really scared about what was coming. I remember just sleeping WHENEVER Luke did, just to survive. How am I supposed to do that with a 2 year old who still needs a mom? Yikes! Well, people do it - so I guess I can... right? My mom and dad are coming the first part of February which I'm really happy about since I'm pretty sure he likes them better than me - he'll be fine.
So, Luke has been pretty funny. All this talk about babies is confusing him. First we teach him about his baby sister. Then, we talk for a month about baby Jesus. Now, he calls all babies baby Jesus and lifts up his shirt to pat his belly and show people his baby sister. But he really does love babies and talks in his high baby voice anytime he sees one and loves to share his blankie and kisses with them.
stay tuned for the actual event coming (hopefully) soon.
12 comments:
I was wondering when we were going to hear about baby girl. I did the exact same thing w/ my 2nd except he came 6 1/2 weeks early, so I didn't get to have it set in that he was actually coming. :-) It still all worked out. And as afar as the sleep goes, remember when you had Luke on a schedule, where he slept, woke up, ate, played, slept, woke up, ate, played.... yeah, little babies can do that too. All 4 of mine were on a schedule by 2 weeks old. You're an old vet now, you'll have it down in no time. Good luck!
I keep forgetting that you're even pregnant. Maybe if you whined more or something.
Truman walks up to little babies at the store and shouts "Baby Jesus mommy! Baby Jesus!" It's been confusing for him and he doesn't even have a baby sis coming.
yeah, it's harder with two. I remember matthew handing me truman after another sleepless night and the look on his face was just defeat. the babies win. it's so funny now, but those first three months were a blur. BABIES ARE SO SWEET THOUGH! BRING ON THOSE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS!
i love you
I am going to wish and wish and wish with all my might that she comes exactly two weeks early, and then you'll HAVE TO name her after me, right??? I knew it!
So, I'm really excited for you to have this second baby. What a lucky baby, indeed. You'll be so great. Just let the "mom-nesia" work its wonders so you can forget it all again, and then have like four more kids, ok? SOMEone needs to still be having kids when I start, or my kids will be closer in age to your grandkids!
No really, you're the best. GOOD LUCK!!! I'll be thinking of you all month!
I think it's great that we practically have the same life right now :) Too bad it's on opposite sides of the map! What I think is great is how you had to read about the times you only got 25 min of sleep and how extremely hard it was. It must mean we forget all that stuff pretty quickly. You're going to be an awesome mom again!! :)
You'll be great! The benefit of having the second is that you have more of an idea of what you're doing. It'll come, and one day you'll wonder what life was like without your sweet little girl. I'm so excited for you!!!
i hope she comes a day late and lands right on my nate's birthday.
honestly, having babies is tough work. it's hard and thankless (until the first smile) and full of a brainless fog. sleeping is for wimps, just remember that.
oh, i meant, it's all worth it in the end, right?
Oh Kates I miss ya. I still think back to the early days with Katelyn and remember feeling like I was going to fail EVERY morning. It was at the feeding just before sunrise. Somehow by the time I could see the first few rays of the light of dawn, I felt an overwhelming peace come over me. Every single day for at least the first 6 months. It's not much but it's something when you feel all alone. Besides who could possibly be a better mother than you?
HEy this is your brother Jake, i finally got on and read your nice posts about staying with us. thanks for poofing me up to pride, you always say the best stuff. Good luck with your new baby this week (or next?) By the way who is this Trisha imposter who stole our unique baby name!!!? Did she steal it from us?
Can't wait for you to have a baby!
You're right about the sleep while the baby sleeps/take care of the toddler thing. Didn't work for us but we're all still alive. All my kids gave up naps at age 2. Maybe yours will nap till five like some people's I know. Only those are the same people whose kids stay up till ten at night. I looked forward to the seven o'clock bedtime for the first five or six years of our childrearing days.
Anyway, I already have a cute sporty baby gift for her when she's born.
Katie! I am so excited for you!!! These next few weeks can't come fast enough/will come too fast I am sure. Good luck with everything. Hope all goes well. We miss you Trailbait!
Katie- 92 % + some. Way to go! Such a nice, fun comment on our baby blog post. We definitely don't get together with Suzanne and Jeremy as much as we should and we miss hanging out with you guys too! A cutie little girl- she'll be such a treat that hopefully the first six weeks will seem shorter. You'll have to figure out all the tricks and clue us in. And so far it's 2/3 on the twinners count since we just found our baby #2 is a girl. Yipee!
Post a Comment