Tuesday, February 26, 2008

All Growd Up

Joey turned 30 this week and to celebrate - he had a very mature and grown-up surpise party at Dave & Busters. He played video games, skee ball and trivia games winning hundreds of tickets and cashed it all in for - yep - CANDY. He got a Guitar Hero as a gift and a cake shaped like his favorite tv trivia show "Cash Cab". It was funny cause he had no idea where we were going and I told him I had to go get a quilt pattern from a lady for a Relief Society service project. Then, we end up at Dave & Busters with a bunch of his BYU friends there waiting to surprise him.

6 comments:

Clint C. said...

That is awesome. I thought about Joey all week and didn't get the call in. So, Happy Late Birthday, Joey!!

Brandon and Carissa said...

I love Cash Cab! Carissa and i saw the driver of the cab at the improv- a comedy club in NY! He was hilarious, but I wouldn't reccommend going to that place- very dirty and foul-mouthed! Happy Birthday Joey and good luck with the last few months of school!

Barowdwngs said...

Happy Birthday Joey! 30 is such a big boy number. I remember crossing over with fear and intrepidation. Lucky for me I have the whole leap year thing to fall back on. So that's pretty good huh?

I think you're really cool and I can't wait til you guys come back and we can go ghost hunting!... I just made that up. I want to sound so cool. Instead it sounded creepy. It's no wonder my nephews won't talk to me...

Have a good one.

Starley Family said...

Happy Birthday Joes. I love the happy shot of him opening Guitar hero (favorite game by the way). You guys are way too cool. We'll have to hit Dave and Buster's when Sarah is a tiny bit older. Thanks for the idea.

Weavers said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOEY!!!
I hope for our gift to him he will accept a stay at our house with his guitar hero...really we want to do this for him.

Star said...

Happy Birthday Joes! I love the cake! Katie, how come you're so skinny already?

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed