Ah, the wonderful Hale sisters - all in one place for a whole weekend. It was so much fun. And this was my first time seeing my mother-in-law in about 2 years. She just got back from a family history mission in South Africa.
Everyone meeting Oscar. He was a hit.
Farmer's Market right down the hill from Jenny's house
Aunt Karen showing off her yummy purchases
The view from Jenny's balcony! (the Pulsiphers actually had a bidding war with the Osbournes (ya know, Ozzy and Sharon?) for this house. They wanted it for one of their kids I guess. But then they flaked out and Jenny and Mike got it. It's pretty awesome.
Hanging out
(we did a lot of this - eating and talking, talking and eating - but we also did a lot of walking up STEEP hills and some Zumba with our very own Ms Lisa. Then, Sarah Cresap and I also went on a 4 mile run around Silver Lake listening to her new favorite: Iron Maiden :) - so, yeah, we weren't totally lazy)
The star of the weekend. How could he not be?
L.A. Temple
I enjoyed this so very much. It has huge rooms with amazing murals and was breathtaking. Mom Hale showed us the sealing room where she and dad were married. It was so neat. And I think my favorite thing was the heart-to-hearts I had with the sissies in the celestial room and in the van on the way and back. I always come away from these people feeling 10 times stronger and better. They are just so solid and have answers for all my weak-minded questions. I love it.
The Glendale Theatre
We went and saw "Arsenic and Old Lace". I met Joey's cousin Tim (who looks and sounds just like Jon to me) and cool cousin Derrin came with us. Oh and Joey's Aunt Karen spent a lot of time with us. I love her zany spontaneous funny self so much!
Historical tour of Glendale
Mom Hale's house on Jackson street from age 8 to 18.
Just up the street on Jackson Street - Dad Hale's house from age 12 to college.
Glendale Civic Auditorium - where Mom and Dad Hale had their fateful first kiss. It was a Stake New Year's Ball. He was 16, she was 15.
This is the middle school that Momma Hale taught English her first year of marriage. It was right down the street from their home and she could just walk. She loved teaching but only taught one year and then was a little busy after that having and raising 12 children. :)
Thanks to the best L.A. hostess - Jenny Pulsipher for hosting all of us: Mom, Sarah Jane, Wendy, Juli, Lisa, Sarah, Edith, Victoria, me and Kate. 11 all together!! And Lisa for flying all the way from Japan! It was a very wonderful trip! I'm lucky to be part of such a family.












4 comments:
I love reading your blog. It gives me something to aspire to in life.
It was the best of times, it was the best of times.
Great job recording that great trip! It was so wonderful! I especially loved getting to see all those family historical sites...I feel like I found a piece to my life's puzzle. :)
Dearest Katie, I got so carried away with Christmas preparations (having been away for two) I just discovered this posting. I'm so grateful for the pictures you took and stories you told. For Christmas Dad gave me an I-phone with a great camera. I intend to use it!
Post a Comment