Friday, December 11, 2015

A Harry Potter Halloween


Luke has been reading Harry Potter this year and was the inspiration for our Halloween costumes.  Since he wanted to be Harry - the rest of us followed suit.  Well, Maryanne really wanted to be a pink kitty - so she's a pink and white Crookshanks (Hermione's cat).  So, we've got Dumbledore and McGonagall and the heroic trio: Harry, Ron and Hermione.  It was a really fun Halloween.  My favorite part was watching Lucy and Luke dressed in their robes, pulling out their wands and casting spells around the house.   "Expelliarmus!'  And "Stupefy"  And Lucy looking up spells in her book and (she's never read or seen Harry Potter) making up some really funny ones.  (I wish I could remember what they were!)

So, when I say Harry Potter Halloween - it really was.  I mean Harry Potter isn't new or anything and I haven't seen that many over the years but THIS year I feel like everyone we know had the same idea we did.   Since there is such thing as Facebook - then you know what everyone you've ever known dressed up like.  I decided to start counting.  I counted 11 Harrys and 19 other HP characters!!  So 30 Harry Potter costumes of people we know!!  Not counting us.  Crazy right?  I was trying to figure out why all of the sudden everyone is in to Harry Potter.  Joey said that it's probably because all our friends have kids Luke's age - so they are rediscovering Harry Potter just like we are. 

 our friends - the weavers.  they added - trelawney and hagrid.  I love it.

my college roommate Tara - how cute is this family!!!  They've even got a dobby, a mandrake, Luna Lovegood and a muggle!  (and trelawney and harry)

and the Primm Family!!

And many, many more.  Charlie Malmborg and Davis Wood were Harrys as well.   See what I mean?  A very Harry Halloween!   We were glad to be a part of it.  It really is so fun to rediscover the world of Hogwarts and wizardry with your kids. 

Our neighbors Chasity and Jerry threw their annual Halloween party and it was so fun.
Chasity and Amanda
 They have games and costume awards for the kids.  I think Maryanne won cutest costume. And Malan won best overall or something.

Luke won something too.

We carved some pumpkins and made some yummy pumpkin seeds.  I was proud of these guys.  Lucy and Maryanne designed their own and Luke designed AND carved his own. 


Trunk or treat


(pics of wilsons and johnstons coming)

Trick or treating around the neighborhood...

pregnant girl and her milkman (amanda and drew) and the dudes from Live. Die. Repeat. (Edge of Tommorrow) with their homemade exosuits! (Schwartz boys...they must have cool parents)



Kate's birthday is on Halloween and we had her over on Sunday for dinner and cupcakes.  We sang her a birthday song accompanied by Luke on the Uke.  "Happy Birthday Auntie Kate" to the tune of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".    We sure like our Auntie Kate. 



3 comments:

Katie B. said...

I always love your awesome coordinated Halloween costumes. Last time we did that was when Ethan was about 7 months old. Haven't had the time or energy since then. But maybe I'll be inspired as the boys start getting more into choosing their own costumes. Also - Omigosh! The Mandrake! I love that!

kate said...

Thaaaaaat's it. Next year for your birthday I'm going to take the ugliest picture of you that I can and post it on my blog. Also, you guys looked awesome on Halloween! So good job on that!!😊

kate said...

Those question marks were supposed to be a smiley face. Now my comment seems so mysterious!

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed