Monday, September 15, 2014

no shirt no shoes no service

Oh and speaking of drowning - I should probably document this -

A nice four kid moment happened just the other day.  We've been potty training Maryanne and a few days ago she finally (emphasis on finally) reached a milestone and earned her long awaited tinkerbell shoes.  I was excited for her and piled all 4 kids in the van to go to the Disney store at the mall and get them for her.  We get there and I'm unloading the kids and go to hoist Lucy out and...wait for it...she's not wearing any pants!  I had asked her multiple times to get pants and shoes on and get in the van.  Well...she had shoes on.  I thought, hmmm my van is messy enough I'm sure there are pants in there somewhere.  I searched high and low and came up with only things for the top half, nothing for the bottom.  But there we all were  - standing in the parking lot staring at the mall. What was I to do?  Maryanne was so excited.  It wasn't her fault Lucy wasn't wearing pants.  So you know what I did?  I went to the Disney store with a no-pants Lucy...and just tried to act natural.  :-)  These are the days...

6 comments:

Alicia said...

That just made my day. Thanks for sharing!

Clint C. said...

If you smile big enough, hopefully no one will notice that you haven't got any makeup on, or brushed your hair... And Maryanne's so stinking cute I bet no one saw past her curls. :)

Jenny said...

Funny stuff!

kate said...

Lucy rocked it. That girl has confidence! And you were an awesome enough mom to realize no one else's opinion matters and gave your kids an awesome outing in spite of the lack of pants. :)

Mike McBorg said...

I just laughed out loud.

Marie said...

Oh that Lucy. I love that girl. And I'm glad you just went in anyway. And also, way to go on potty training even though you just had a brand new baby---I would totally be like "Sorry Maryanne. It's diapers until you're three, cause I just had a baby." You rock.

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed