Friday, September 19, 2014

Birthday time

My birthday happened.  I'm older now.  Look what I woke up to at like 6:45 in the morning ...
Amanda and Kate brought me an amazing breakfast in bed!! Maryanne - displaying her love for flowers.


Then we spent that evening at Horseshoe Lake.


Took a family picture. Our family is getting big, right?  Hopefully I will be getting littler.



The next morning the Wilsons and the Cremeans joined us.
And after Kate's lucky double double-yoke egg breakfast...

We tried out our new SUPER MABLE!!!
Super Mable - super fun.  It's more bang for your buck cause we can pile all the kids on there and we don't have a boat full of kids waiting and begging to go out.  Cause they are basically all out there. :)  And then we can dump them in the middle of the lake to play on it while we take individual kids skiing.  Super Mable, we love you.

and we kayaked around these lovely cyprus trees.  this is cyprus tree right?  And Kate did you get any kayak pictures? 
 

Favorite birthday present was Joey printed off the first year of this blog into a book for me.  
Good birthday.

********************************************
thanks kate!  here's kayaking...



 

6 comments:

kate said...

Oh I love your family picture so much! I think it's the love. That was a happy time. You guys make so many happy times that we are so lucky tag along for.

Clint C. said...

What a wonderful life! Happy Birthday! We enjoyed celebrating your 30th and have missed those since. Sad we missed out on the boating era of Memphis. Maybe we'll have to venture out there...

Alicia said...

Oh yay he did pulled it off! He asked me about it a while back and I told him you would love it but that it can be a major project. So happy for you.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Katie! When I think of you at a lake, I think of Jane's Island and you and Joey "borrowing" the canoe in the middle of the night to go for a paddle. I think it was Jane's Island. Love you and miss you! Let us know if you come to town this winter. We'll have to plan a get together!

Jenny said...

What a great birthday. (Except the part about getting up at 6:45--just kidding--I'd probably get up at 2 am for that breakfast)

Marie said...

Super Mable, where have you been all my life? Every kid's dream! It looks like you had a happy birthday. PS Your kids sitting in those tiny kayaks are adorable.

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed