Just a bunch of random happenings around here.
Best lawn guy ever - our friend Buzz - gives kids rides (fast ones) every time he comes
At the end of June - Lucy got a new bed and moved into Maryanne's room
They had promised to stay in their beds. So they kept one toe on their mattresses but wanted to hold hands. :)
My first outing with all kids was July 3rd to the Collierville Sprinkler park
Luckily there were baby-holding friends there and so it went pretty well.
Luckily there were baby-holding friends there and so it went pretty well.
One day back in July - I came upon this scene of a dutiful cousin pulling a lady of luxury in her homemade chariot...
said lady of luxury
A day in August at Ellendale park finding adorable tiny frogs (Josh)
And beautiful moths. We love that park - the kids leave with creatures and rocks in their pockets and a nice layer of dirt on their faces.
The last 4 Saturdays Joey (following
the example of his wise older brother Mike) has been attending Zumba
with his wife. Our favorite day was an all 80's music day - yeah, we
totally rocked it. Such a fun and healthier date than eating out.
and
our sitter for our new dates? This beautiful and responsible young
lady. She can do more than Joey and I combined. She's amazing.
Lucy snapped this the other day.
Some exciting news about LUKE - he's a cub scout!! The scouts came to his school and showed his class pictures of people shooting bows and arrows, kayaking, rock climbing and camping and they said "hey kids - you want to do this!?" Luke was like "heck yes I do!"
So, being a scout was instantly his new passion. The first couple meetings have been a lot of intro and paperwork but surprisingly his excitement hasn't fizzled. (mine has). He's memorizing scout oaths, mottos and handshakes and loving it.
(nothing is cuter than little six year old boys clamoring around in little tiger cub uniforms. oh my goodness.)
This pic was back in may - but Luke loves nothing more than camping with his dad. This is a fathers/son outing. I asked him if he'd rather camp with dad or go to Disney World and he thought and thought and said - it's a tie. I love them both.
Luke also just lost his first tooth!! My FIRST kid lost his FIRST tooth. September 20th at 12:20. He was so happy. We've been in the tooth business but we're new to the tooth fairy business.
The haps on LUCE
Lucy had her school shots and check-up a few weeks ago
She's 37.5 lbs (50%) and 40.5 inches tall (30%)
She was so, so, SO brave with her shots. She got THREE shots and barely flinched. The nurse said she doesn't see that very often. I was a proud mama bear.
Lucy has been a really good helper with Frederick too.
Lucy got a music education from cousin Mason who visited before flying to Harvard to start college. She kept saying - oh, this is soooo beautiful as he played her new tracks on his phone. It was so fun to have Mason. But also strange that this bearded man in my house was my little nephew Mason. I had him sing for us - he's still got it. We got to spend a lot of time with them when we lived in Maryland and they lived in VA. Let's see - that was when he was 8 to 12. That is weird to think he wasn't much older than Luke when we moved there.
Family Home Evening on Temple marriage. Luke and Lucy building a temple and Maryanne got more excited about the idea of wearing a veil and carrying flowers. She spent the rest of the night planning her wedding. She would say "you come to my wedding mommy?" It was cute until things didn't go her way and she turned into a bridezilla. Oh dear.
sprinklers and popsicles - the life of a kid huh?
A week ago - most of our streets looked like this. Crazy flash floods. Joey almost lost the car. He took this pic on the way to work.
I kept Luke home from school. They played in the rushing gutters and then... we went to the mall (the fateful no-pants Lucy trip)
The age old question of why do some have so many when others have so few. (I think Lucy is wearing 5 tutus)





























7 comments:
So cute that Luke loves being a cub scout! And hooray for losing his first tooth! Dani lost her first too---two at once. But maybe Scott had to hold her down while I yanked them out. She screamed like a banshee and said she hated us. Until it was over. We are awesome parents like that. Anyway, I love seeing your cute kids. I miss you guys.
Oh my GOODNESS!! I love so much about this post! First and foremost has to be the one toe still in bed but reaching across the room...what a cute sister memory! I can just see Lucy's mind working that one out so that she was still being obedient. I'm happy for Luke that he's taking an interest in scouting! You've got a good 12 years ahead of you with that one.
I loved seeing so much of your day to day life. Thanks for giving me my Hale fix for the night!
A Running Account of my thoughts...
--Maybe those girls' beds should be scooted together so they can hold hands and while sleeping. This scene you found is so precious!
-Yes, children fight against their car seats, unless they're perched dangerously in a wagon. I love that she's buckled herself in.
-I remember you wrapping your head all the time as a girl. "Don't you love my pretty long hair?"
-Joey at Zumba? That is a loving husband.
-Scouts. Let the parental busy work commence.
-Freddy is looking kind of Ferguson-ish
-Eliza also plans her wedding. But she has some unnatural plans for whom to marry, including me, Andrew, and a member of a Mormon boy band. But, speaking of flowers, a little neighbor boy brought her some the other day and she has adored them. I wouldn't mind if those two hooked up--in about 20 years.
-I didn't know about the flash floods. That's crazy!
Wow. This little persons. Joey always wanted kids with personality and he got them! That comic squinchy look of Lucy's is about two decades ahead of herself! She'll be an amazing comedienne. And Maryanne holy girly-girl! That is never happening in this house. Wow. Good on you for being excited about that tooth! Let's see 24 baby teeth, times 4 kids. If you can muster up excitement for the 96th you're a far better mom than me. I don't even know if Trace has lost a tooth yet! Shame on me.
Laughing...
Love every word and picture!
I also loved the hand-holding and the Lucy squinchy face. And the Maryanne bold pose at the sprinkler park. I'm rehearsing for Urinetown right now, and we're supposed to be doing crazy expressive, weird, dramatic things with our bodies. My director says she likes to watch kids and mimic them, because they do such funny things. Case in point.
Post a Comment