Thursday, August 28, 2014

Happy Birthday Sarah! (vol. 3)

July 19th would have been Sarah's 34th birthday.  This is one time of year I'm really happy that Facebook and Instagram exist.  I get to celebrate with Sarah's friends all over who appreciated her crazy antics and we can all remember her charisma and charm together.  Oh how I love my sister!!  And what better way to celebrate her than hear what everyone else loved about her too.  My family gathered at the Huntsville Cemetery with a few of her friends and shared some great Sarah stories.  Jenny took notes and shared them and that meant so much to me. 
A few of my favorites from the day were Jason Barrows facebook post of his favorite birthday gift from her of his very own Sarah shrine.  Only it was seriously the very ugliest pictures she could find with really, REALLY funny captions.  Oh, I'll post it here... 
 It's a bad copy but this cracks me up so much.

A few more gems from the day is Tiffany Sillitoes reminding me about "Sarah bonks".  Yeah, they were just bonks straight down on the top of your head with her fist.  And Heather Brown remembered how she would always say  "Where's my damn tiara!"

Here's the family at the cemetery right before the sprinklers went off.  :)  (can you turn sprinklers on from heaven - cause if so that is a pretty funny joke.)

Here in Tennessee we celebrated Sarah with the #nevergrowup theme of sugar cereal and barbies (explanation: here).








That afternoon we watched my wedding video of Sarah singing the song she wrote for Joey and me.  And then clips of her touching up my makeup before the reception and just being really funny. 

That night we watched "Grey Gardens" in her honor.  This was introduced to her by Justin Rhees just a few years ago and she had me watch clips of it with her in the hospital in New York.   This was her favorite part:



Happy Birthday Sarah!!


4 comments:

kate said...

that was awesome! thanks for letting us celebrate sarah with you, we love being a part of never grow up day. i love her shrine, i think that is the way i should go with my pisctures from now on. just try to look ugly so when i look ugly anyway i won't be disappointed. and that grey gardens...what a weird show.

kate said...

pictures...

Lindsay said...

Are you loving all of my comments today? I must be in chatty mood.

I love the way you celebrated Sarah's birthday. Something I admire about you is your enthusiasm and love for life. I love that you still make time for fun - I like that you go dancing and sing karaoke and go on parades and take the time to get down on the floor and play with your kids. I love it all. Hearing about everything makes me want to be more carefree and remember to have fun more often.

Jenny said...

That show is so Sarah. I just wish I could see her re-enacting it. She could always make things funnier and turn them into inside jokes.

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed