Thursday, August 29, 2013

My Birthday


I woke up to this little sleepy girl singing to me ...


We actually celebrated later since we did the baby shower for Sheri.   We went out to eat at Macaroni Grill with Kate and Caleb and Amanda.  I love double dating with Kate and Caleb - we always have so much fun.  And I love Amanda (whose husband Drew may or may not show up since he is a crazy busy business man right now bringing home the bacon).   It was a funny night of chatting and stories.

Well, Joey gave me a special birthday card (that he apparently made out of the paper tablecloth and crayons at Macaroni grill - so sneaky) that gave me the best gift of all!  A trip to a resort with my sisters and my mom!!!  He booked flights and a condo and even took time off work to have the kids while I get a VACATION!  I go on trips, but never vacations so this is super exciting for me!

Later, Kate made me an awesome pink lemonade cake and the little dear made sure that I had all 35 candles on the cake. 







2 comments:

kate said...

oh my adorable lucy! her little head shake! what a birthday present. and you look so awesome in your birthday pictures. not a day older than 35. ok 3 days older, but not a day more. you guys are the best double daters ever.

Jenny said...

I love that the card was made out of napkin. I guess he forgot to get Kate involved with her mad photoshopping artistic skills.

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed