The school puts out a year book and does a highlight on each of the graduating seniors with their photo, family photos and a paragraph by the student. I thought some of you might like to read what he wrote:
"Well, these last four years have been a great adventure. You may tihnk by my cheery disposition that I enjoyed dental school, but inside I was crying. Dental school was hard. But thanks to the majority of the faculty that was so helpful and understanding, I was able to survive the minority of the faculty. Thanks also to those of you who cut out of lab early to play basketball and volleyball at the gym. That kept me sane the first couple of years. Though school was hard, I have loved these years in Maryland. We've had some great adventure and great friends. Katie, without you these years would have been a slow crawl through the bowels of hell. But you made these last four years the best years of my life. Now I know that, no matter where we end up, I'll be happy because I'll be with you. I love you and I love our baby boy, who I can't wait I can't to meet in December." - Joey Hale
Last night a friend and I threw a graduation party for a bunch of the husbands here and gave each family a little time to honor their husbands and dads. It turned out to be really fun. This is a slideshow I made for the event:
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR DEAR DEAR JOEY. MAY HE DRILL, FILL AND BILL UNTIL THE END OF HIS DAYS!!
2 comments:
Ok, so this is why I hate May in this ward. This made me teary - what a beautiful slideshow, Katie. We adore you all and will miss you. Let's stay in touch through the blogosphere at the very least!
Wow! That was really neat to watch! It was very touching. What a great way to honor your husbands and all those that are graduating. I will have to remember that idea when we graduate in 2 years. Thanks for setting such a great example for the rest of us to follow! You guys are great! Congrats on graduating!
Post a Comment