Ok so we thought we hadn't been to the ranch for 4 years, but I was sitting down
trying to figure out what years we had come and it turns out we hadn't been there for 3 years because we went in 2012. So I decided to document my findings (of when we've been to the ranch) just for fun.
1988?
- Came along as a babysitter for the McKay boys for a Scouting thing. My dad
and bros were there. I remember a lot of otter pops, hiking upper calf
creek and that I bought a sage colored Torrey shirt. I possibly
went more than once when I was a kid. Mom? Dad?
1996
- Senior Trip. This is funny because I had the idea and planned the
whole thing even though it wasn't my ranch. Casey and Edith came and chaperoned. There were 8 boys and 4 girls. Pat Ahern, Todd Grunander, Preston Cox, Spencer Burton, Joey Hale, Mike Malmborg, Jake Wood and Charles Richardson? I think. And the girls were me, Hailey Anderson, Brianna Peterson and Trisha Buhrley? I think. And isn't it funny that 3 of those high school buddies are now family and regularly visit that ranch.
2003 - we went in the fall. It was the first time I went as Joey's girlfriend. But Kate totally upstaged us by bringing Caleb. :) It was a big to-do because it was the first time everyone was meeting him. I was just good old Katie Songer. This was the first time I
met Caleb too. He was so easy to talk to and everyone in the family fell in love with him. It wasn't too long after this that they got engaged. And we did about a month after them.
2004 - Went down as friends - Malmborgs, Woods, Wilsons and us... (and Weavers?) We played paintball in the back foothills and I got hit right in the face. Lots of board games and Bang!
2005
- This was our first famiy ranch trip as a married couple. And I sort of hated it.
We slept on the ground in the hall and got stepped on. I got bloody noses every
morning from the dry air (because we were living in Maryland and my body forgot how to handle the desert). But I loved being part of the family. All the sisters stayed up and talked one night and we had funny talents shows. I have one solitary picture to prove we were
there in the year 2005. All these girls are now ELEVEN. (this is just a picture of a picture)
2006 - I remember being at the ranch and finding out that Kate had Jane
while we where all there. Although I don't have a single picture from
that ranch trip. And I think we left early to go to our 10 year high school reunion. This also might have been the year we went mountain biking with the cresaps and mike pulsipher and I got a terrible sunburn on my lower back because my shirt had ridden up and I didn't realize it. I had a big sun spot there for about 5 years. Juli called it my tramp stamp. :)
these next years are all blogged so you can click on the year to see the post about them
2007 - lots of 4-wheeling. Muddy Capital Reef waterfall - looked like thick chocolate milk. I was pregnant with Luke.
2009 - mom & dad Hale were there, Kate was in charge? Super organized and
fun. Everyone brought something to share. Lisa did Kukuwa, Joey
taught rope making, it was my birthday, we hiked the newly discovered
narrows where you have to use bikes or 4-wheelers to get in. I think it's called Pleasant Creek. Juli was there. We had a big family meeting
where everyone took a few minutes to teach something. Juli taught
about food handling safety, Kate taught us about photography. Joey and I
brought kareoke. We hiked rainbow bridge.
2011 - mom & dad Hale were there, solleyball, peakaboo and spooky slot canyons, Aunt Karen was there. Wilsons too.
2012 - Sarah's scavenger hunt, first time playing Torrey disc golf
And 2015 is coming up....

2 comments:
That was fun! And I'm so glad to hear you'll be coming. Will you be bringing Freddie? We miss the littlest ones the most because they change so quickly! Love you!
That was so fun for me when Casey and I were your chaperones. You guys restored my faith in teenagers.
Post a Comment