All the grandkids sang "Families Can be Together Forever"
Lissa and Megan played and sang "What a Wonderful World"
Casey, Edith, Ani and Lissa sang "Come Thou Fount"
Rachel and I sang "For the Beauty of the Earth"
Sunny Sunrise - Happy Brirthday Sarah!!
Sarah's family
My heart swelled seeing these two walking together hand in hand. I snapped a pic too late - but I sure love these two and how they take care of each other. (Jack and Rachel - Sarah's kids)
We went to church and it was wonderful. All the talks and lessons were so comforting and lovely. Chad McKay taught Sunday School on the Resurrection. He quoted Mosiah 16:8 "But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ." And then I went to Primary where Tiffany Bowen led an inspired singing time. Jack (Sarah's son) was visiting and said "today is my step-mom's birthday!" and Tiffany got a little teary and said - "you know what - let's sing 'Families are of God'!" And we all sang...."God gave us families / to help us become what He wants us to be / This is how He shares His love / for the family is of God" It was truly a wonderful day. I loved it.
And here are time-machine Katie and Sarah in their little home-made dresses by Aunt Diane. We wore these when we were little.
1983
Later that day after dinner we had a true Sarah dance party. At least I think she would have liked it. Plenty of glitter, sparkles and weirdos.
And then the Sugar Cereal Buffet. Bags and boxes of all kinds of sugar cereal. A Songer birthday tradition.
It was a really good day. I miss my sister so much but am happy that her memory is alive and well. And that she continues to provide us with some spice and happiness just with her memory. The day she was born into this world and into our family is truly something to celebrate! Happy Birthday Serber!
{most pictures taken by Jenny}















3 comments:
What a perfect mix of events to remember Sarah by!! I wish I could have heard the beautiful music at gorgeous cemetery point and joined in the dance party. Man, everyone looked truly awesome and perfectly weird. Just how Sarah would have wanted. :) we love Sarah, it makes my heart glad to remember.
What a perfect mix of events to remember Sarah by!! I wish I could have heard the beautiful music at gorgeous cemetery point and joined in the dance party. Man, everyone looked truly awesome and perfectly weird. Just how Sarah would have wanted. :) we love Sarah, it makes my heart glad to remember.
Lovely day for lovely Sarah. I can't beleive the time machine sisters with their coloring and their dresses! Love that. Love you, Katie!
Post a Comment