sPRING bREAK
Monday: The Zoo
we finally renewed our membership after about a year and a half. It was good to be back
Tues: St. Patrick's Day
We got a visit from Lenny the Leprechaun (a real secret leprechaun!) with bags of goodies for each of us. Rainbows (skittles), clouds (marshmallows) and gold (rolos). We like Lenny.
We took our lunches and ate a picnic in the Wilson's driveway. random.
Wed: Children's Museum
They got a new playground in the front and the kids loved it
Luke and Michael - a friend from his class.
Some rollerblading on .... I think this was maybe Friday?
And Saturday: Discovery Center of America in Union City, TN (about 2 hours north of us)
statue buddies
keva planks - we liked these so much we bought some for home.
our future geologist
(should be noted that this has been his new future career choice for about a year now. We just went to the Rock Show this weekend and today he set up a rock museum in his room with little signs and labels. And tonight he earned his geology belt loop in scouts)
davey crocket
pottery dude. we bought a big bowl he made.
huge dude with a ball cap whose 48 foot leg doubles as a slide. pretty cool. And Luke in the maze.
Really fun week. I never really understood when moms were excited to have their kids out of school because I just thought wouldn't that just be more work? But I do now. I never knew that school was actually hard for parents. I thought you just sent your kid to school and you are done. But there are so many little things you have to keep track of: forms to sign, money to send in, homework to do, teacher appreciation days, lunches to pack, themed weeks with dress up days, pta meetings, box tops, projects, etc etc etc...oh and of course the early wake-ups and rushed mornings. Man - a school break is actually a break for the parents too. And I didn't realize how much you'd miss your kid either. The school gets him for so much of the day! So lately, we've been seeing such a fun side of Luke. He really is sinking his teeth into certain subjects - like geology, astronomy, robots and animals. His favorite animal is a fox. It's fun to see him up late with his lamp still on reading away. Part of me stresses about him getting enough sleep and the other part of me just is happy that he's had hours soaking up interesting facts about the solar system or whatever. Such a fun age. We were so happy to have him home.



















.jpg)







5 comments:
That's quite the fun-packed week!
Amazing! You really take advantage of all that Memphis has to offer. I LOVE school breaks too. I called Trace a "six-year-old" last night and he reminded me that he's 7! Oh yeah! Man he's almost ready to be baptised! Got some work to do! Love you guys. Are you coming to Utah this summer?
Wonderful! Wonderful! Wow! You go from snow to surfing in jig time. How I love all those wonderful faces.
So many fun times! That picture of Freddy in the car! Hahahahaha! I love it! You inspire me with all your fun parenting and awesome blog recording. Please kick me and make me blog! I love all your posts so much!
What an awesome spring break. I know exactly what you mean about school being a lot of work for parents. I considered myself an organized person until I sent Willa to kindergarten. I am finally starting to feel like I have everything organized and our routine down that I don't forget things. And we only have a month left of school. Hopefully I don't forget everything I learned over the summer. :)
I just had the thought that Lucy will be in school next year also. Two classrooms to keep track of. oh man!
Such awesome snow!
The new playground looks awesome. I want to go and play there. How did you last over a year without going to the zoo? I love the zoo!
Post a Comment