Friday, April 3, 2015

January and February

The important and not-so-important events of January and February:

Lucy's princesses eating (not very lady-like) their bubble gum pie ---- oh flarp


super into to dental hygiene around here

This year Maryanne's "school" is Music Makers at Lyssa Zimmerman's house.  We do rhythm sticks, scarves, beanbags, maracas etc.  After our class I always have "shake shake, shake your beanbag" and "tap your sticks in the air with a 1,2,3" in my head all day.   It's so fun to do something special for just Maryanne.
  

 So, we moved our piano next door to Amanda's.  I love our burly neighbors!  Very manly and bonding to move a piano (a particularly heavy one)
  the dudes - Joey, Drew, Sam and Ben

Just my buddies and me at Aldi.  I love going to Aldi with these two.  Most people shopping there during the day are cute elderly people and boy do these kids get attention.  It's fun.


Botanic Gardens on a beautiful, hula hoopy day in January
 the wilson family hula


Luke's pinewood derby!  His minecraft car came in 2nd for Tigers and 9th overall - out of like 40 scouts.   Joey and I were impressed how slick his pack handled it.  261 261!!!

 


 A quick blurry pic to capture our quick lunch that marked our 11 quick and wonderful years of marriage


And this note is from my girl Lucy on a little bit of a sad day.  I love her.  She said at the end she was trying to say "but I can ..(be your friend) but she changed it to Lucy loves mommy"   I get choked up every time I look at it.

FEBRUARY

We had these yahoos come and visit!!!

 Aunt Wendy with all EIGHT of her Memphis nieces and nephews.  She missed the NINTH one by 3 days!!

 I've said it before on this here blog that I just LOVE Wendy and Chad Mckay!!!  They are some of my favorite people.  And it was so fun to have them come.  Wendy MADE cute team t-shirts for all the kids and brought them out as gifts.  They each got their favorite color and the front has the team name of Hale or Wilson.  (Kate or Wendy - did you get good pics of the kids from the front?)

Here's team Hale -


And all 8 cousins

 The most important thing that happened in FEBRUARY was this!!!
 photo oscar13_zpsmf74z7kc.jpg
Our newest addition to the Memphis crew is one Oscar Despain Wilson.  Do ya love him?  Do ya?

On the morning of February 13th - Kate and Caleb dropped off the girls and went to the hospital because Kate's water broke the night before.   It was crazy early.  She had a few due dates - ranging from March 4 to March 12th.    So it was extra exciting because it was happening early, we didn't know if it was a girl or a boy and had no idea the name! (neither did the parents)  


So, we tried to keep busy while we waited for that exciting phone call.  We made a sign, made cookies for the baby's parents, washed and assembled car seats and sang some songs.


Oscar - here's a clip of your cute and fun sisters the very same moments you were being born.   They were so happy and excited this whole day.  And then I missed most of the screams after everyone found out you were a boy but a there's few and an excited cousin too.

waitingforoscar from katiehale on Vimeo.

Once we got the news - we headed to the hospital and the girls got to meet their BROTHER - he was less than 2 hours old. 


I'll never forget the feeling I had when I walked in that hospital room.  I hadn't even seen the baby yet and just walking in the room I was hit with a very strong and overwhelming feeling of love and heaven.  My heart burned like it was on fire and my eyes brimmed with tears.  What a miracle babies are!  I felt so lucky to be able to share this experience so closely with this family.


Welcome welcome.  We love you.
 photo oscar15_zps3g5ww1vx.jpg

And then we had the AFTER OSCAR PARTY!!  (aka - Kate's baby shower)







The showeree with the showerers.  Becca Johnston, Kate and me




It was so much fun to celebrate this tiny celebrity and shower Kate with gifts as she enters this new world of tractors, trucks and trains.  We played Oscar bingo and did a quiz about Oscar's star-studded legacy he's born into - highlighting the famous Hales and Wilsons. 

Valentine's (yw camp fundraiser - so well done and fun)


Joey's birthday

Joey had a birthday and I made Lemongrass Curry and had some people over.


Birthday Hershey Almond Pie


Joey got a hooded, full length robe, curry and a curry cookbook.   Luckily the robe came with convenient curry pockets.  (and now he'll stop stealing my robe that he gave me for Christmas)

 We celebrated dear Sister Long's birthday as well.  She got the soundtrack to Into the Woods.

Ok - all done. 

7 comments:

Katie B. said...

The princess picture is the best ever.

edith said...

That dental hygiene picture should be a canvas on the wall at Joey's dental office!
I also love the face plant pie eating pic.
Tell me about the canned curry? Never mind, you can show me when we come to visit. So excited!

kate said...

The princesses face down in the flarp! Hahahahaha! Lucy's face and note. Your aldi huggers. Joey in his robe. I'm so so so grateful we get to live by you and share so many of these memories, and so grateful you capture them on your blog so I can relive them. :) this post is awesome.

kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kate said...

Also..MY SHOWER! It was incredible and I could never say thank you enough!! You. Right there. Awesome.

PhilHale said...

I love it and I needed it!

Jenny said...

I haven't been on blogger forever. So I'm behind on my blog reading. I don't know why but my favorite picture of all is the princesses and their fancy eating style. It just cracks me up. Other reactions: Joey looks just like a monk--a curry-making monk; I'm jealous of your team t-shirts (Wendy...my birthday is in November. Hee hee); I love your kiddos. So glad I got to hang with them for a few days.

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed