So, I have about 5 posts ahead of this one - but at the rate I'm going I
wouldn't be blogging about Halloween until after Christmas - so I
thought I'd throw in a Halloween post real quick. Others hopefully to
follow soon.
In years past we've always sort of coordinated Halloween costumes and done somewhat family themes. This year Luke decided he wanted to be the Grim Reaper. And Lucy really wanted to be a cupcake. So, I just couldn't think how those two things could go together. :) And our family broke tradition and were not coordinated. Although I admit I still made Joey (who loves me) and Maryanne (who doesn't have a say yet) coordinate with me.
| Butterfly, Caterpillar and Butterfly/bug catcher |
![]() |
| Cupcake, Caterpillar and Grim Reaper |
Halloween is funny these days - there are playgroup Halloween parties, school Halloween parties, neighborhood Halloween parties, church Halloween parties and by the time the actual day of Halloween rolls around the kids are like - we are dressing up again? And the parents are like - and getting MORE candy....yikes.
Here are Minnie Mouse and Baby Bear ready to go to an awesome Halloween playgroup party put on by Kate - equip with crafts, homemade rolls and caramel cider, witch songs, ghost stories, the history of Halloween and monster teeth snack. It was awesome.
The spooky zoo with the Meachams.
among the decorations at the zoo was where Luke found his inspiration for the Grim Reaper. I think he was like "I don't know who that guy is but he's so scary he's gotta be cool"
Our ward Halloween Party --
![]() |
| scariest costume award! |
Trick-or-treating
| Luke decided to be Boba Fett at the last minute |
| Luke with David and Dawson |
our adorable neighbor as doc mcstuffins "aunt katie! i'm a .... BABY GHOST!!!" - Emme
When we get to the Walkers they have special packages labeled with names waiting for our kids full of presents and candy. They are seriously awesome neighbors.
| Mavis (Jane) and Athena (Malan) trick or treating at the Walkers |
And this little caterpillar was sure a stinker all night. She kept running off in the darkness and someone would carry her back to us asking if this was our baby. (embarrassing) So, after a while Joey just took her home and put her to bed.
Here is a look at the past Halloweens...
2008
Chinese Luke & Japanese mom (I can't find picture with Ninja dad!!)
2009
The 3 bears (papa bear not pictured)
2010
The Flinstones (with a pet monster?)
2011
Wizard of Oz
2012
The Skywalkers (with baby Yoda)
2013
Happy Halloween!!!








.jpg)
10 comments:
I love all your costumes. I'm assuming you made your butterfly wings! They rock! Save them forever. Miss you guys!
No, I didn't, I wish. They really are amazing though. My friend gave them to me cause she was moving.
that post made me super happy! so much fun all packed in to one little post. i think your flintstone costumes are maybe my very favorite, and you are such a babe as wilma. :) that sneaky little caterpillar. you'd think with 5 adults we could have kept track of her better. glad she made it home to metamorphosize in her bed before she got bug-napped.
Love it! I LOVED the pic of Lucy attacking the donut with her scrunchy face--Geet in my belly! And Luke with flip flops made me so jealous. Clint and I just went on a run in freezing temps. Fun to see the Meachams. Kate needs to post about that awesome party. Sure love and miss you guys!!
Love it! I LOVED the pic of Lucy attacking the donut with her scrunchy face--Geet in my belly! And Luke with flip flops made me so jealous. Clint and I just went on a run in freezing temps. Fun to see the Meachams. Kate needs to post about that awesome party. Sure love and miss you guys!!
I too think you look HOT as Wilma. We've never coordinated costumes for our whole family. That's so awesome.
I've officially left behind an era in my life as a mother--I had no idea who doc mcstuffins was. Wow--my kids are growing up! Full day school for all, baby!
Except Wednesdays. Wednesdays are hard.
I love family themes. They're my favorite! It's fun seeing all the past themes your family has done. Also, you guys are lucky to have so many parties. It sounds fun. Costume parties are my favorite.
So I think my favorite pic of this whole post is Luke's face as he's looking at that snake at the zoo. Priceless. You guys did always have such awesome coordinating costumes--silly kids for growing up and having opinions of their own :) I like that Luke wanted to be something scary--that was Dax too this year. He really got into the whole spookiness of Halloween.
Hey look! I can comment! (on my phone I can't, fer some reason - but now I'm on the 'puter) Fantastic costumes, once again! I LOVE the cupcake/grim reaper theme, totally gonna steal that. And the bugs were good, too. I love that you guys are trick-or-treating in flip flops. Ah, the warmth of the South. Our kids costumes were covered up by winter coats. Good thing we got a good candy stash to keep them warm during our long, long winter. (I want to come back!) We loved visiting with you guys, so much. And loved getting to hang out with your kids and catch a glimpse of them in the moment of their lives that is right now. So, I've been feeling bad about not posting comments, and now I'm totally overdo-ing it. To sum up: Good costumes, Happy Halloween!
Wow! I remember the days when we coordinated! Blogging wasn't available then, I'm old. I think Sarah and I are on the same wavelength because it was lucy's face and lukes bare feet that made me laugh too! All the costumes were amazing through the years. Luv!
Post a Comment