Sunday, February 17, 2013

Disney World - Katie's Faves

1. My favorite moment from the trip was this moment:
walking (running) into the first park with all 5 families and we were all freaking out excited, holding hands, skipping - teenagers throwing kids around - it was the best. 
'the adventure begins'

2.  I would have to say FAMILY.  My other favorite time was the "precious moments" meeting at the end of the week.  I made everyone gather around and say their favorite moment from the trip.  It was really fun to hear what everyone had to say.  Jane said "right now" and it inspired an "awwwww" from the family.  It was great to be at Disney but the best part was to see 20 kids that I love having the time of their lives.




3.  Riding Dudley Do-Right's Rip Saw Falls with Luke and getting soaked for the day.  Luke was so funny and sooooo excited about getting wet. 

other memorable rides for Luke and me were Thunder Mtn. Railroad roller coaster (Magic Kingdom) and the Tower of Terror twice (Hollywood Studios).  It's fun hanging out with such an adrenaline junky.

4. The people dryer.
So, I had just gotten dry and the bros and the joes convinced me to go on Jurassic Park River Adventure assuring me I wouldn't get too wet.  They came out dry as could be except for their faces so we did the baby swap and I went again with Luke and somehow got soaked!  Caleb did too.  So, we did the people dryer - which was so funny and fun.


5.   This Husby
who wasn't sick and had the energy to take care of me and three kids doing 5 parks in 5 days


6.  My favorite ride of the whole trip was probably dragon ride in Harry Potter world.  It attaches at the top and we were in the front - so you just see sky as you're looping and swooping and it really felt like I was on the back of dragon.  It also probably helped that I rode it with Lissa, Ani, Anderson, Brigham and Casey.  It was the first day and they had this infectious excitement and it felt so fun to be with them.


7.  Maryanne
She was such a champ.  I was feeling sick most of this trip and it helped so much to have a Maryanne baby who just smiles all day long.  So, she saved this vacation for me.  Hats off to her.




8.  Everest Expedition  (Animal Kingdom)

Our first ride of the day was Expedition Everest and Luke was tall enough this year!!!  So, he rode it 4 times - once with mom, once with dad, once with Uncle Casey and once with Aunt Kate.  It was so fun to see him get such a thrill from this roller coaster.  We ran to the bathroom between rides and this is Tibet and so covered in Tibetan prayer flags everywhere and old hiker backpacks hanging up so you really feel like you are in a foreign country.  I walked out of the bathroom and this is how i found Luke.  Doing his Tibetan meditating for the day.  I got such a kick out of that.  How does he even know to be that funny?

oh yeah, and how cool is that tree lady?  she walked around just like a tree lady would walk and then would just stand among the trees.  kinda creepy but still loved it.

 Ok - I'm done.  

3 comments:

kate said...

oh i will have to steal some of those pictures for our memory book! i love the ones of maryanne and the one of everest! good faves! also, so cool that maryanne is out of your tummy this trip. you had no idea what she was going to be like last time you went to disney, and now you have a maryanney. and isn't she great?!

Trisha said...

Oh I love reading about your disney trip! Ok, can you see why we love it there!? Well, you belong to an awesome family! And Matthew would like to throw a shout out to Joe Joe and tell him he's jealous of his super short hair cut (Matthew is constantly dreaming of shaving all his hair off. Oh yeah, and of being bald. Weirdo! :) I love you. Katie the Human Being. You rule.

Jenny said...

For our trip my favorite thing will be family too. I love that we're all getting together.

I wish I had a happy baby but, alas, I have an ornery little stinker. And she is staying home with the grandmas. Hallelujah!!

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed