Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Help :-)

Big Steve and Sweet Pat came to visit us for 10 days.  I was so grateful to have them here all to myself and the timing really could not have been better.

Memphis Botanic Gardens - March 14th (little did we know Maryanne was on her way in just a few hours!)

 Luke and Grandpa got in a water flight as soon as we got there and were both soaked.



The day we got home from the hospital - My dad and Joey started their projects for the yard.  (Before and after pics coming soon.... as soon as the "after" happens that is)
So, my dad and Joey created lots of dangerous fun for the kids.  A balancing teeter totter.

 Fun with power tools
 And this is a picture taken by our very own Luke.  I was looking through the pictures and said "Look Joey - this is how your son sees you"  And Joey looking at the picture said, "Hmmm, I'm surprised he doesn't mind me more often."
 Kids and G&G home from church on Sunday and come to say hi to mom and baby sister
 Stories with Grandpa


We got so many nice gifts and visits from friends.  Sheri Bate brought over this Strawberry Shortcake to welcome Maryanne.
 And Joey's co-worker gave the kids these bubble blowers to keep them entertained. 
 A natural nurturer
A father of THREE!! home from work.
 G&G took L&L on a riverboat down the Mississippi.
 My parents are the coolest.  I can't believe how much they get done.  They are quite the team.  My mom did all the laundry, cooked the meals, cleaned, organized and took care of the kids.  My dad built 2 structures in our backyard!!  A cool gazebo/sandbox and a shed!!  (pics to come)  It meant so much to me to have them both here bonding with my kids and just seeing our life here.  My friends all commented on how cool (and good looking) my parents are.  I do feel quite lucky to have them.

4 comments:

Barowdwngs said...

Songers are indeed a rare and special breed.

Katie B. said...

I actually think M. and E. look a lot alike! They should be friends. :)

Josie said...

Oh your parents are the greatest! Sounds Heavenly having them there. So glad you have them!

Robin said...

Ok, I've been keeping this post "unread" for a while now so that Evan could read it cuz I wanted to see his reaction to Joey saying, "Hmmm, I'm surprised he doesn't mind me more often." Sure enough, it was just the reaction I thought it would be...pure laughter, like in a laughing admiration kind of way. I like that my husband sure thinks your husband is neat. And we both miss you guys and your adorable kids.

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed