... is the secret code for how old Joey turned on February 27. Only mathematicians can crack THAT crazy code. Speaking of mathematicians - Joey's good friend Jim (former math teacher, future pediatric dentist) came all the way from Long Island to Memphis just to celebrate with Joey!! (there happened to be a pediatric dental conference the same weekend but he assured us it was totally secondary.) So, to celebrate - they went mt. biking in the pitch black of night at around 11 pm so Joey could show off his cool new bike lights and Jim could wear stretchy pants - because when you are a man - sometimes you wear stretchy pants.
the crazies:

For birthdayness - we went to Avatar and to Macaroni Grill with the Cresaps and had a leisurely 3 hour dinner without kids. It was so nice. I got him some things off his Nashbar bike wish list (bike tools & a shock pump), some clothes and this picture framed for his office:

Happy Birthday Joes! You are the bees knees.
18 comments:
Happy birthday Joey!!! You rock. 2 to the 5th...that's classic.
Happy birthday Joey! That code was hard but so is talking yourself into wearing stretchy pants. How was Avatar? It's like my favorite movie in 3d (except the storyline and sigourney weaver 'cause she has sigourney weaver disease)
That pic of Lucy looking at Joey is priceless!
happy birthday joy! i mean joey. i typed joy by accident, but it totally applies. that is a really precious picture. i'm talking about the bromantic one of course.
I had to make fun of Jim. I can't believe he went out in public in stretchy pants (Oh and I know who's they were). He won't even let me style his hair differently. =) Sweet pics tho. Happy Day Joey!
That is the most adorable expression I have ever seen on a baby before.
Did Kate take that pic? It looks like Kate work.
yeah, it does look like kate's work. it is actually a friend from our ward. we would have had kate take some if she wouldn't left a few days before i had lucy. the nerve.
You have to admit, their biker faces are awesome. So, are you going to change your blog name now that Luke isn't the all-encompassing sole focus of your lives?
Happy Birthday Joes! Remember the hideous sombrero cake?
oh boy, that is such a great little face on that girl looking up at her dad! Happy Birthday to Joey. I have felt guilt for a long time now because I didn't call. But I thought about you all day! Does that count? Nope, there's the guilt. But I super loves ya! verword: riarre. That's the sound people make (mostly Katie) when they think of you. (gutteral lion riarre.)
Happy birthday Joes!! You really are the bees knees. or is it the bee's knees? Okay, so I really don't know what that means, but we really really like Joey a lot. And cute little Lucy, did I mention how much I love her little yellow dress?? It's sooo adorable!
This is the weavers btw.
I am devoid of clever comments today. But I wanted you to know that I read this post, and I liked it. And I thought it was funny.
That is NOT gas, that is a smile on Lucy's face as she looks at her dad Joey. So there, Grandpa.
Andrew says:
Wow! I think that picture is a little bit scary, but not really scary, just a little bit weird.
Bye bye.
(I have a blog and the address is theawesomeandrewblog.blogspot.com just so you know if you want to comment there it is, but you might not want to comment, so bye!)
that's the sweetest picture ever. i'm gonna put it on my wall too! i love you guys. tell joes that i'm so glad he was born!
Wow!! 2 to the 5th power. I remember when I was 29. Jealous the yall got to see Jim guymon. We are still trying to plan a trip up there.
Happy Birthday Joey!!! And cute pics of the kiddos. Thanks for the announcement and the V-day card. We love them, and they are on display for everyone to see :)
Post a Comment