Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's Real Life

Stacey tagged me to take pics of the following with no cleaning, clearing, wiping, changing etc. allowed... dun, dun, dun - real life:

1. laundry room - this isn't so much a room as it is an old coat closet. we rent out the basement to the missionaries and so we bought a stackable washer and dryer for our "laundry closet". it was joey's idea and i gotta say i did not think it would work but voila -


2. favorite room - this is the make-shift safari nursery but I love it because this is where we brought luke home. (I just took down all the stuff from the walls since we're packing to move) It's been pretty emotional packing up his little clothes and realizing we're leaving this house where we've had so many good memories.


3. what the kid is doing - we just got home from church and lukey just ate and is playing with a little toy and the boppy is there in case he forgets how to sit up for a minute.



4. favorite shoes - my old rocket dogs. these are awesome cause they are super comfy and they have ventilation to make sure my feet stay nice and breezy.



5. toilet - joey's shaver from his shave this morning. church is a great motivator for clean shaven-ness. also, at about midnight last night we cut his hair. we took away an entire grocery bag full of hair but there might be few leftovers. :-)


6. kitchen sink - hmm, surprisingly not too bad. a few multi-vitamins (i'm not preggers - just nursing) and notice joey's lovely job on the backsplash.



7. fridge - lots to pack... why am i blogging right now!!!


8. self portrait (yeah, I know...)


9. closet - we decided since we never close our closet doors in our whole lives that we would just take them off.



10. dream vacation - honestly .. UTAH. good thing that dream is coming true in 2 days! this is why i love it - we get to stay in a fancy "hotel" where they leave mints on the pillows and make custom cribs for your baby. we get deluxe crepe and waffle breakfasts. we eat WAY healthier because we get lots of frest fruits and veggies. AND we get to relax and see our best, best friends - namely all our brothers and sisters and their cool kids. great vacay huh?

Ok - I guess I'm suppose to tag a few peeps now. Hmmm... how about Deon T., Tristina E., Brooke T., Edith S. and Rebekah S.

10 comments:

Starley Family said...

You are SOO awesome! Way to go girlie! Blogging AND packing. You deserve a medal. Can't wait to see you in Utah! Loves, Stace
PS. I am excited to see Joey's shorn head.

edith said...

i wish we could buy your cute house. joey, your blogs were so funny! i hope they keep coming. can't wait to see you two and lukey poo.

kate said...

that was me, i'm at edith's. :)

Deon said...

DANG!!! Ew - ok, tomorrow, without cleaning up!!

Christie said...

What a fun post. I am glad you didn't ask for a picture of my kitchen sink. Yipes. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not only one who takes their closet doors off. I don't think we've had closet doors since we've been married. It was fun to see your house! Good luck with the move!

Natalie

Star said...

Lukey is getting so big and strong, I think he sould arm wrestle Isabelle this week. I especially love the self portrait. You're beautiful even when being silly! What's up with the awesome tiling Hales? Do you hire out?

Brooke said...

I'll work on the pics, I keep forgetting. And I'd love to see you when you come to Utah. Give me a call!

Holly said...

You are too cute for words my friend. I really like the self portrait! Luke is changing and it hasn't been that long since I have seen him! Btw, Lucy can't see a baby (male, female, or stuffed) without saying, "baby, Luuke!" She misses him Ü.

K said...

Hey Katie! (This is Kathryn - Sanders Shimai)
I found your blog through Brookie's. Cute family! Congrats to your hubby on graduating.

I love your titlepage baby photo. SO cute.

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed