

On September 4th - my dear little sister Emily came home from serving a mission in Taiwan. I didn't get to be at the airport but I was up at 12:30 at night on the phone with my mom and sisters awaiting her arrival. When my mom was in the middle of a sentence and burst into tears - I knew Emily had come home. I could feel the rush of excitement from thousands of miles away and stood alone in my kitchen sobbing. Reunions like that are so incredibly special.
I flew Emily to (as she calls it) MerryLand a week later and we had a really good time together. We spent hours looking at mission photos and telling mission stories. My mom recorded her homecoming talk for me and sent it. I love my sister and am so proud of her. She was an incredible missionary and I hope I can be just like her someday!
Sarah flew in later and we went to the Outer Banks in NC. I'll have to get those pictures off my camera this weekend. Stay posted...
PS - in case you were wondering - the "No we are the happy ones!" comes from Emily's favorite movie - Jane Austin's "Emma". It's a family joke. Nobody got it but Emily - but it was perfect!
4 comments:
See, and I really wanted to go to the homecoming but no one told me about it. How does THAT happen? hmm?
Katie! What's up! I have some baby stuff for you if you want/need it. I have some diapers and onesies that Cael has already grown out of and a few other things. I need to see your and your belly soon!
-Adrienne
ahh, i like all those songers. glad you got some emily time in maryland too. how nice.
I still haven't listened to her talk. Maybe if Joey goes to play basketball on Wed, we could have an Emily devotional. Loves, Stace
Post a Comment