here are a bunch of cheesy pictures from the day we celebrated the greatest country on earth.
The kids got to ride them around for a big part of the morning but it started raining... hard. So we all huddled under the bowery for the patriot program.
And Derek Johnston read a poem called "Paul Revere's Ride" and we all sang "My Country Tis of Thee" with the rain pelting down on the tin roof. It was SO loud but it just made it so we had to sing with all of our hearts. I loved that we were all huddled together under shelter from the rain - it made it more special and patriotic. I felt such a strong love for this country during the song.
The kids just did mini parade afterwards in the tiny space and we just threw candy at them. It was kinda funny.
Here's Freddy enjoying his candy and flag.
The kids brought homemade wares to exchange. Audrey with her basket of give-aways.
And Wilsons putting their homemade goods together.
just after this, Lucy and I went on a walk splashing in every puddle. The rain had stopped and the world looked beautiful and we all went home.
We got home just in time to meet up with this guy!
Joey's cousin - Cap'n Benny - came through Memphis on his way to Nashville.
Just like most of Joey's cousins - he's also famous.
He's been Johnny Cash in Las Vegas and is moving to Nashville to get some fancy rock 'n roll training. It was fun to meet him and his family. It'll be great having them close.
It was a fun fourth! And last month I read 1776 which deepened my appreciation and love for the freedoms we enjoy.










5 comments:
That was great!! You got lots of great pictures, which I will be stealing since I lost mine. So, thanks! So glad we were all here to celebrate together this year! You Hales make every event more wonderful.
That was great!! You got lots of great pictures, which I will be stealing since I lost mine. So, thanks! So glad we were all here to celebrate together this year! You Hales make every event more wonderful.
Katie, you have pictured so well the hope of America.
Thanks for sharing. Luckeeee to hang with Cap'n Benny! We're glad we got you just a few days later! It was wonderful having you. Come again and just stay forever.
I love that you guys just create your own party and I love that it's so patriotic. I love the idea of throwing candy at kids in the parade because then the kids get the best of two worlds.
Post a Comment