A Surprise
One night in October I had just gotten home from our church Halloween party - bathed my kids and put them to bed and was lying on my bed exhausted. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door and I looked at the clock - it was about 9:45. I groaned inwardly and thought, "ug - who could that be?" I yelled to Joey who had just gotten home from running an "errand" and said - "are you dressed? can you get the door?" He said "no, you better get it". So, I got up and went to the door.
(so...turns out my surprised face is super hideous. I look like I'm going to throw up or something)
What wonderful parents!! They heard we were blessing Frederick and they have never missed a grandchild being blessed and arranged to fly out to be here for his blessing. My grandma lives with my parents and my awesome sister Jenny stepped in and took care of her so they could come. It was so nice of her and all my other siblings who helped out so they could come for a surprise visit!!
Frederick's Blessing Day
On October 26, 2014 - Frederick Nathan Hale was given a name and a blessing.
(it was also the Primary program for Luke and Lucy. Our self-proclaimed shy Lucy said her part in front of the whole congregation.)
It was a wonderful day. I love this baby with all my heart and my impression coming away from this day is that we are the lucky ones. What a joy he is in our family.
My parents said one reason they HAD to fly out was to bring Freddy the Bethlehem blanket. :) This is a special blanket that my parents and I bought when they came to visit me at BYU Jerusalem. So any baby born after 1999 has been blessed with this Bethlehem blanket. Here's our sweet little balding business man - Frederick Nathan. Bound for important things. :)
Afterwards we had Cafe Rio style salads at the Wilsons. The Schwartz, the Austins and the Cremeans joined us.
our gracious hosts
![]() |
| Cute Austin kids - Jackson and Emily |
The Visit
After the blessing, my parents just had one more day with us. And since we didn't know they were coming - they were good sports about just doing our regular life with us. On Mondays I volunteer at Luke's school reading and tutoring. My mom came with me and read the class "The Skeleton and the Mummy" and helped with tutoring.
And my dad came to see Luke get his Bobcat rank.
I was so proud of Luke. He (and I) worked so hard and memorized the Scout Oath and the Scout Law and all the other requirements.
.jpg)








3 comments:
What an awesome surprise. I'm glad you got it on video. Those are the best. Freddy is such a cutie boy!
This was the most surprised I have seen anyone, ever. It was really fun.Freddie is such a joy. I've never met such a smiley, content baby.
That was an awesome surprised face actually!! So genuine!! It made me surprised and happy just to watch that video. :) And it was so fun to have those parents of yours here, my kids feel almost like they are their own grandparents because they are so loving and fun. It was a wonderful blessing day indeed.
Post a Comment