Monday, January 5, 2015

Freddy: months 3-6

Tomorrow Freddy will be 7 months and I think the last post I did about him was at 2 months.  A lot has happened since then.  He's been so mature as he deals with everyday problems like his waist line and his hair line.  :)  Nothing gets him down - he's the happiest and sweetest baby we've ever known.  He might be a little too happy and easy going for his own good.  The louder, screamier kids seem to get what they "need" while this 4th child patiently waits for his needs to be met.   Here's a run down of his last four months.    

3 MONTHS OLD






4 MONTHS



It was at Freddy's 4 month check up that we found out he has what doctors call a little bit of a "weight problem"  But a little different than Tommy Boy.  At his check up he had dropped from 25% to 5%.  We had to go in for weekly weight checks during that month.  His lowest was 3%.   His 4 month check-up he weighed 13.4 pounds (5%) and was 25 inches long (30%) and his head was 80%.  I was nursing him a lot but we were worried my milk wasn't caloric enough.  We tried supplementing with formula and he took a bottle for about 3 weeks and then all of the sudden just stopped.  And he was a rowdy nurser sometimes and then other times would just peacefully drink.  Yeah, it was stressful... and I shouldn't use past tense because it still is.    He looks a little worried as we discuss his problem.


And here is Fred in red.  He's wearing an outfit that his Grandma Hale's college roommate made about 53 years ago.   Jon, Mike and Joey all wore when they were babies.


5 MONTHS

One of my favorite things about Freddy is that he snuggles in.  And his little body just curls up and really there is nothing quite like a snuggle from wee Frederick.  And when he's 18 and not so little - I want to remember these moments.

On the evening of November 12, 2014 - I made the spur of the moment decision to shave his side wisps off and just let it all grow in together since he was starting to look like Benjamin Franklin.


 and here's our little evil genius baldy!
And for some reason, even though he had really lost most of hair anyway - he looked like a totally  different baby to me!  And I looked at him and said "Wo - it's Anderson!!"  (Anderson is Freddy's double cousin)  What do you think?   Sometimes we call him TMA - time machine Anderson.
(baby anderson - left)
 

 Freddy, how do you feel about your bald head?



Well, he got more confident about it and even modeled for a photoshoot with his auntie.
KATE'S PHOTOSHOOT - 5 1/2 MONTHS


 Oh, how thankful I am to Kate for having this talent and sharing it with me!!  These are such a treasure.
5 MONTHS cont....


6 MONTHS

6 month stats are as follows: head 90%, height: 26 inches (25%), weight 14.7 lbs (5%)  The doc was saying at least he was following his growth curve but then stocked me up with lots of free formula and advice on fatty foods. 

But he's just so dern happy.  So he can't be too hungry right?
 



Sitting up.
He started sitting up really early - like 4 1/2 months.  But even at almost 7 months - he sits up for long periods of time but still topples over.  He doesn't have quite the sturdy base my other kids had.  But he sure is a strong, wiry one.  He's been doing planks and push-ups for a while too.  

(almost 7 months)

Oh Freddyboy - you are our joy of joys.  We'll do our best to not take advantage of your quiet sweetness in all the mayhem.  But bless your little heart for not adding to it. :)

6 comments:

J to the oey said...

That's a good baby. He's so easy to love. I think a hard baby would have broken us.

Clint C. said...

You guys need a bigger house so four kids are not so stressful. So hurry up and come move to Utah! We dare ya! That Freddie is a doll baby. I always had low weight babies and they were so sad and hungry. Haley started losing weight at 5 months (about the time I'd lost all my baby weight) and we had to start supplementing. No one got down below 5% till Talmage in 4th grade - 40 pounds and below the chart. So stressful. But he grew 6 inches this year and probably put on 20 pounds. It all works out...eventually!

kate said...

He is the dearest most delightful baby in the world. I'm a little worried I like him better than I'll like my own baby. So tell him to stop being so loveable already!!

Alicia said...

Cute boy. Cute pics. Good luck with the weight problems.

Jenny said...

I'm getting excited to hold him! (One funny anecdote: so I was looking at one of the pictures and thinking, that really DOES look like Anderson--like exactly like him. Then I read the picture description and it WAS Anderson. I guess I know how to spot 'em)

sherilb said...

Oh my gosh, what a cutie!! I want a Freddy hug, too! For real, can you come to St. George? It's weird that you have a baby that I don't even know. And the pictures of Thanksgiving made me homesick for Memphis. Would have loved to have been there.

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed