Branson, MO
the place you go if you're super old or have a bunch of little kids
take this "hike" for example -- you get to see all the wonders and beauties of the Ozarks - the forests, waterfalls, caves --- all from the comfort of this:

That's right - they paved paths and built huge bridges so you don't have to take a single step. This among other things cater to the mobily challenged. It's kinda awesome.
We'd just stop along the way to smell the roses....and climb the rocks.
Because we agreed to listen to a 2 hour spiel about timeshares - we got a smokin' deal on a 3-bedroom, fancy condo. So we spent the entire week just hanging out, watching conference, swimming, playing the clubhouse Wii, pool, mini golf, indoor tennis and basketball and of course our timed playground obstacle course competition. The Wilsons (sans Caleb) and the Cremeans (sans Drew) joined us for part of the week.
Sunday conference
swimming
And our most exciting adventure was the amusement park SILVER DOLLAR CITY!
This is how Maryanne felt about most of the rides (scared)
except this one...
I think these two rode this butterfly ride like 7 times. These have controls that lets them go way up and then back down. They always chose the pink butterflies to ride in until once all the butterflies were taken and so they rode a caterpillar. Lucy didn't ever push the button to go up so they just stayed on the the ground while everyone else was going up and down. I asked Lucy why she didn't make hers go up and she said "because mom - caterpillars can't fly!" Oh right.
Cowpeople
Luke loved this ride. He didn't even have to ride it to love it. You shoot water FROM the boat AND there are guns on the side aimed AT the boat. So, he got soaked on and off the ride. Something about Luke - he can dish it out and he sure can take it too. He doesn't back down even when he is getting pelted in the face with water.
My favorite rides I think were the Outlaw Run roller coaster and the Barn Swing.... and I actually quite enjoyed the Happy Frogs :)
I would guess that Luke's was the Electro Spin. And I know Joey loved the Wildfire roller coaster, but his favorite ride was the Giant Barn Swing.
log flume
And on this very day - this girl (my niece Malan) turned 10!! Birthday girl with her cookies and cream funnel cake.
She's a dare devil and rode all the scariest rides and screamed a lot less than I did.
Our "new" garage sale stroller has a nice cargo area in the bottom.
Our last night there Amanda and I went on a date while Joey watched the kids. We drove into downtown Branson and ate at a local place that definitely had just the kind of hometown country ambiance we were looking for. We were the only ones without a huge silver bucket of seafood.
That was Branson: the wholesome family entertainment capital of America. This family was wholesomely entertained. Thanks Branson.












.jpg)

.jpg)






10 comments:
How fun!!! I love that you took advantage of all the "hiking" available to you. ;)
Love it! I want to go! Luke is adorable as a civil war soldier. And I can't get over Maryanne's curls!
Hey I want to go there! And I qualify because I have lots of kids AND I'm super old!!
That looks so amazing! When I am old I want to live in one of those communities where everyone drives golf carts or walks everywhere.
Did you go see the Osmond's sing?
Your kids are so adorable. Casey showed me that picture of shaved-head Fred. I'll have to send you the identical Anderson picture.
Fun! I've heard great things about Branson, but never thought it was for young families...just old people. Now I know better!
I want some wholesome family fun. And that style of hiking fits my personality perfectly.
What a fun trip!
I just want to say that you have really great-looking children. That is all.
hahahaha. Branson just makes me laugh. It looks like you took advantage of everything it has to offer. I don't think anyone should ever go to Branson and pay full price for lodging because of all of the time share spiels. We went while we were living in Memphis also.
First trip as a family of 6? Looks like it went well. I love Lucy's little face in bottom of your stroller. And that "hike" - awesome.
We had so much fun when we went to Branson. My kids loved Silver Dollar City! They really want to go back! Looks like a fun trip!
Post a Comment