Thursday, October 3, 2013

Sisters Retreat

So, this was my birthday present - to spend a few days in luxury with my sisters and mom - talking, shopping, talking, shopping, eating, and talking some more.   We spent our days at the Park City outlets and the Ruby Tuesdays salad bar and our nights at the Homestead Resort.   It was a treasure to have that time together.   Thanks Joey.

our swiss pad

my birthday present. I think this is my first time being a recipient of a candy bar card.  I've made many of them but this time I got to EAT the candy bars!  I loved having endless candy bars to satisfy those late night cravings all weekend.  It was perfect.  Thanks sissies!! 

mom with her "sticks" on the way to the hot tub

 matchers

 (Rebek was taking the pic)
 late... LATE nights

 massages


 My bro Jake's artwork in Park City's illustrious Montgomery-Lee gallery
(my dad's stuff is also there)

deep conversations

 visiting Ruby Tuesdays.... yet again
the staff loved that we came back the second day and brought us red velvet cupcakes.  We are like Ruby Tuesday royalty.  


creative breakfasts

 And little did Joey know that by getting me this birthday present - it would turn me into a spoiled brat.  Seriously, I went on a crazy little shopping spree and bought lots of new things. One quote of the weekend was me saying "I never knew material things could make me so happy!" :)  Again.... thank you Joey!


The Homestead Crater.  
We actually never made it to our swim (gotta save something for next time), but we just wanted to see it.   The crater with a few quiet floating people looking up at the light reminded me of Minority Report precogs.  Remember that show?   Yeah, sort of creepy. 

After our retreat, I had an extra day in Utah and that day happened to be
my grandma's 92nd birthday!  So we went to a senior day care center (that she happened to be in for just a few hours) and enjoyed her songs and sense of humor.



That evening I had dinner and family night with Casey and Edith's family.  It was such a treat to see their family in action.  Maybe since we have twinner Hale/Songer genes we could get a family half as cool as theirs.  Mom & Dad Hale waiting for FHE.

Later that night was an inpromptu combined Hale/Songer GIRLS NIGHT OUT at the Junction watching the very silly and fun movie Austenland.

showing off our crocs from the croc outlet.  Not sure why our skin looks green.

So crazy that this many people could make it on a spontaneous whim to go to the movies!  So fun.  I love these people!!!  
Jenny, Alicia, me, Rebekah, Emily, Edith, Momma Hale, Victoria, Star (and Lily), Momma Songer, and Wendy

8 comments:

Clint C. said...

Yay! A Lulucachoo! I loved being along vicariously on your sisters retreat. I hear late nights were more like early mornings! Eliza looks like one of your dad's watercolors of kids in the Santa Clause book. I thought Edith was me in one of those pictures--which is really strange. And Emily looks the most like your Mom. And I kept on counting your sisters. I hope Sarah was smirking at your jokes from above. Sure love you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

edith said...

What awesome pictures! That was a fun weekend--next time we'll for sure have to swim in the crater. It did look pretty creepy though, too quiet.
I'm so glad you posted this!

kate said...

that looks like so much fun! i loved seeing all those faces of people i love's faces i love. uh...but really i think of all your sisters as sisters too. so glad you got to go do that and so glad you posted about it so i could see it. :)

Hannah said...

Wow nice haul! Way to buy the clothes, you totally deserve them :)

Gracie Songer said...

Awesome blog...that sure was fun, I constantly keep using the quote: "I never knew material things could make me so happy." Seriously my favorite.

AmandaAdora said...

The TN sun really shows when you're amid all those delicate Utah flowers! Must be all the awesome swimming with your BNF!! Looks like such an awesome time and makes me long for something similar with my sisters... plus you + kate too since I'm just going to start telling people I have 5 brothers and 5 sisters from now on. <3

PhilHale said...

So glad I got to tag along!

PhilHale said...

That was Phillip Hale's Mrs.

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed