I did follow them on one of their expeditions. A family event in Shelby Forrest. Rebekah played (and was really good) but I mostly just hiked around with Luke and Lucy and played light saber fighting and hide and seek.
Their trip was primarily disc golf - but we also did a little ...
picnicking
park playing
baby lovin
and video gaming
So, Jake and Rebekah really do have a knack for connecting with kids. Rebekah was so helpful with Maryanne. She loves, loves, loves babies and they love her. And Jake played with Luke and Lucy and gave them lots of attention. I loved it. He had some manly bonding time with Luke - punching lessons etc. At one point he said something about being a "wuss" and Luke was really interested in what that meant and became very determined not be one. So, cool Uncle Jake could get him to eat anything and do anything to prove he was "tough". Jake had him eat a slice of tomato (which he hates) and he was so proud of him. He told us that even though he didn't like it - he just muscled through it and swallowed it. Jake wanted to show us how tough our kid was so he had him eat another one. And turns out - he is pretty dang tough ---
5 comments:
Jake and Rebecca are awesome. I never thought of using the man card to get my boys to eat. I'll have to try that. They are so cool to come and hang for important things like disc golf.
I love disc golf--in theory. We played it with Jeff's sister and brother-in-law when we visited CA. And we own our own set of discs. But I myself am rather horrible at it. Jeff and Jenny and Matt were all at about the same level, and I had like twice as many points as they did. So I gave up after three holes on the pretext of needing to feed Ethan. :)
Also--wow. He totally owned that tomato.
Oh man, that video made me laugh! He must have really wanted to be thrown in the air. And, I guess he truly doesn't like tomatoes. No just being picky there.
Gotta try that disc golf. And that baby Maryanne.
So, I don't really see Meredith in her face except for the nose. Maybe when I see her in person.
But then, I don't think Meri and Rosalie are identical, and everyone else does.
I am this close to bringing the kids out on vacation without Casey if he can't get off work this summer. I need me some Memphis! And my Memphis peeps!
Oh my gosh...I so did not expect that ending! Evan's going to LOVE this one! That's the exact reaction he'd have with olives, still to this day.
Post a Comment