Some of my first memories include Spencer. We played together when we were 4 years old and he has been a common best friend of Joey and mine since Jr. High. This 4th of July weekend we decided to relive old times and visit our friend - who is now living in Dallas, TX. We always feel really lucky to know and be friends with Spencer. He's just one of those cream of the crop kids and we feel like we're both better people cause of him.
Here is a recap of our trip -
4th of July 5K
Spencer is an administrator of a nursing home and after the 5K we stopped by and visited with some of the residents there. Lucy and her smiley ways were a hit and one sweet lady said "thank you Jesus" over and over as she held and squeezed Lucy. Everyone there made our visit there so rewarding and it was cool to see where Spencer works.
Back at the Burtons Brenley made amazing Cafe Rio style sweet pork salad. I mean, it was good to see Spencer and everything but that salad made it totally worth the drive. :-) We ended up singing some Indigo Girls and John Denver - just like the good old days. (we missed you Trisha!)
Our kids had lots of fun - Luke is between Eden & Summit in age and he just loved them both.
And Lucy & Everett are 3 months apart
Everett was blessed while we were there. Spencer was called to be in the branch presidency of a Spanish Branch - so the meeting and blessing were in Spanish. Spencer & Brenley are both fluent and Joey too. I tried to recall all that Mrs. O'Hara taught me as a 12 year old but somehow missed a lot. :-)
We went to some fireworks and were so excited for Luke to see them. But as soon as the show started, he jumped off my lap and started running. I don't know where he was going - just away. I got him to come back for a little while and we were both covering his ears. He kept saying "last one, ok?" and "too loud!". Finally we decided to stop torturing our 2 year old and we left. When we told him we could go, he ran, and ran, and ran and I could barely keep up with him. He was yelling "run away! no fireworks!" for blocks. I think everyone we ran by thought it was pretty funny. So, now we know I guess.
However Luke DID like this:
CATCHING HIS FIRST FISH!!
Look at this tiny lizard Joey found. Luke said "a little alligator!"
Our bathing beauty
A Burton tradition - Summit making waffles with his dad on the weekend
Spencer thinking long and hard about his birthday wish.
This is one awesome family.
oh here is a bonus video - don't get mad joey.
12 comments:
Oh! I'm so heartsick for my dear friends! What beautiful families you and Spency have! Aren't his babies beautiful!? And yours are, OBVIOUSLY, but we knew that would be the case, right? Oh you're lucky to still be in touch with so many wonderful people from the old days, you really are! I guess marrying Joey DOES have it's upsides, right? heee heee! Oh how I love you and joe de joe and spencer! I love you. Kara and I were reminiscing on the phone about you and sar sar and just missing you.
sure am lucky to know you
trisha out
PEACE
I can't think of anyone I would rather have administering my rest home when I'm old than Spencer Burton.
I love that little alligator! Man, I love geckos. The ones in La Reunion used to chirp and eat our bugs. Good times.
That Lucy is something to be thankful for, all right. And Luke, too. Miss you guys.
Spencer this and Spencer that. Sheesh!
Just kidding. Spencer's great. You can talk about him all you want.
So, where did you get those stock photos of those model kids? They are all SO cute! Super flattered to make your world-famous blog, kt. We LOVED having you guys and just yesterday I was reminiscing with the kids about Luke visiting and Summit yelled, "LUCY too!" I think he's the one with the crush--there may be a brotherly battle over the lovely Lucy in 20 years! :) Hope you come back soon!
You guy make me sick, you are the scum between my toes. Hey sorry I blew up, I am just really jealous that you got to spend the fourth with Spencer. Lucky!
How fun-having of you guys! You are good people to be friends with. I'm jealous that you got to visit Spencer and Brenley - we miss them. Looks like they're livin' the good life. Liked the song, Joey.
ok, no more teaser, suck you in video titles like 'dont get mad joey' i spent so long downloading that video. it was worth it to hear jo's go through puberty again AND to see Lucy wobbling and staring at the camera so DARLING! cool stuff
Oh that is so cute to see Spencers little family! I think he is a favorite of everyone. Im so glad you guys got to go down there and see him!! Its so fun to keep in touch with our neighborhood buddies. OK so remember the Ice Skating competition and you and Joey skated together and Spencer and I skated? LOL- Good times!!
so cool to see spencer! my dears you are all beautiful and amazing.
I'm glad I read this. I never got around to asking you how your 4th was. Maybe we should live closer.
Ahhh! I miss you guys! I LOVE the photo of you holding the babe and singing along with the guitar. Classic. Come and visit!
Post a Comment