May 23, 2009 - Orange Beach, AL
Right now I want to write about how much I love being a mom. It is truly exhilarating. Today was Luke's first experience with the ocean, sand, waves - and it was thrilling to watch him look, feel, giggle and love all these new things. This has been maybe my best beach experience - not because I'm having a blast boogie boarding or snorkling like times before - but because my CHILD IS having a blast and nothing could be better for me. I loved watching him throw fist fulls of sand in the air and have it land on his head. And get buried in the sand by his dad and look up at me with his jokey twinkly eyes and big smile. I loved how he stretched out his sand coated arms and fingers to the sky - grasping for the seagulls and kites. He excitedly put that sandy hand up to his mouth like a bird's beak to sign "bird" all day today - every time he saw a bird. He LOVED running away from the waves and getting me to carry him out further into the waves and set him down to let the water rush around his legs. What a magical place the beach is and I think the wonder is felt ten fold when you experience it with a child. Luke kept pointing to the neighboring hotel's water slide and saying "slide?" So, I decided to just venture over - I guess I sort of snuck in but there was no one there to ask. It ended up being the funnest water slide - Luke absolutely loved it - so many rewarding squeals. Totally worth trespassing.
S0 - this was on our trip to Orange Beach (a beach next to Pensacola, FL). We rented a condo right on the beach with the Cresaps (Joey's sister and fam):
apparently a Cresap tradition....
I never saw Trace without a gigantic smile...
Talmage catching a wave...
12 comments:
Thanks for the post, Katie! Do You mind if I just link a post to this? You take the greatest pictures and you guys were great company.
That looks like a blast! I'm so glad you had so much fun. It's true that some of the best times you can have as a parent are when your kids are having fun. I'm really loving my kids today. (Which is saying something since today is the day after yesterday.) I'm so glad you guys got to do that with the Cresaps.
Great pictures, great words, great time; wish we were there!
What a fun little beach trip. And, I think you hit it right on... watching your kids discover and experience new things is one of the most rewarding parts of being a mother.
oh how wonderful! it looks like you had the best time. loved all the pictures. and i agree, i think one of the best things in life is watching our children discover wonderful things.
FUN!!! I am so jealous, and I love the slide picture! LIttle Luke is so cute.
What a fun trip!! Isn't it fun to watch them at the beach, I love to watch them explore. I only wish the water was warmer where we live. Have a great one.
You have the coolest kid ever! I guess he had no choice but to be awesome, coming from you and Joes. I'm glad you get to see the world through a new set of eyes!
Wow! It sounds like little Luke has such an exciting personality. What a great experience to go to the beach! By the way, I get tired just reading about all the things you guys have been doing lately . . . way to live it up!
Hey Katie...I found your blog from Sarah's. Cute blog! Looks like you had some fun times on the beach!!
Diddo! Love the beach but it pales in comparison to watching my children love it!
Oh I love going to the beach with the girls!!! How fun that you found a waterslide next door! You are such a cool mom!
Post a Comment