Thursday, September 4, 2008

Christian & Stephanie



I just barely found out that my friends have been in a terrible plane accident. I met them at Thanksgiving at Joey's cousin's house (it's Joey's cousin's husband's brother and his wife) and immediately liked them. They were so charismatic and had a zest for life that was contagious. I fell absolutely in love with their adorable children - Claire, Jane & Oliver - and was thoroughly entertained by them all day. It made me even more excited to start my own family and I looked at Stephanie with complete adoration and was impressed with her love for motherhood and life. Anyway, I am shocked and so saddened by this news. Stephanie and I had emailed back & forth a few times after thanksgiving but we lived too far away and lost touch. I just can't believe this news story is about HER and her darling family. She has since had another baby - Nicholas - so these four kids are awaiting their parent's recovery. Can you imagine? It tears me apart. Please pray for her family and if you are interested in helping there is a place to donate on my side bar.



This is Jane & Claire at Thanksgiving in 2005.

11 comments:

Deon said...

yes, I have been hooked into these blogs as well. The pilot instructor who died was the husband of a friend of mine from high school. Do you read her sister's blog now, cjane? It is great with the updates. So many lives have been touched, and so many prayers brought together for them.

Katie said...

No I haven't read cjane's blog but I'm realizing now I was pretty out of the loop. It seems that "nienie" was a pretty famous blogger.

thelivesofthebradyfamily said...

how sad...my heart goes out to their family and their little children. we will pray for them.

Lisa said...

I've heard about this family through other blogs as well. So tragic, I hope they pull through.

Christie said...

Oh, that just makes me so sad. I am so sorry for their family. Brent has taken quite a shine to flying and I too gave him lessons for his birthday. Frightening. They'll be in my prayers.

Deon said...

http://blog.cjanerun.com/ . Looks like my niece and her hubby are performing with Joey's relative at the benefit concert for them. Wish I was in Mesa so I could go.

Meemer said...

it is such a small world. i have been reading up on them too. my prayers have been with this family!

Tristina said...

So sad! There is also an auction to benefit them - you can find more on designmom.com

Holly said...

So, now all of a sudden I am hearing all these things about Nie Nie. Where was I? I can't believe you knew her!

Holl

edith said...

After spending days reading through her blog, I'm so jealous you got to meet her and her family. We've been praying for her. Her attitude has inspired me.

Rachel said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friends. She sounds like an inspiring person. How great that there are people like her in the world that make us want to be better.

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed