
We spent the holidays backpacking through Paris, The Alps, Grenoble, Milan, Rome, Florence and Venice. And since we really haven't done anything since then that could compare with such adventures, I thought I should probably start there. I won't bore anyone with a complete recap - just our faves.
Katie's favorite: Ice skating in Paris with her fellow pair skating champion of 1994 on Christmas Eve jamming out to Paul Simon on our ipod. Then, that night staying in our friend's flat alone and singing Christmas Carols. Our first Christmas eve as our own little family. Very memorable.
Joey's favorite: (I'm just guessing but I think I'm right) Our entire visit to Rome - especially zipping around the ancient cobblestone streets on our little 125cc scooter. He liked narrowly escaping death as we raced the other scooters and zig zagged around the Italian traffic. He even let little wifey have a turn.
Faves for both: We both just loved French food (especially the cheese). Couldn't get enough of it. Also, we were utterly amazed by the Sistine Chapel , The Pantheon and St. Peter's Basilica.




No comments:
Post a Comment