Saturday, January 20, 2018

It's GREAT to SKATE when you’re EIGHT


Partiers:  Ellie, Maya Dean, Rosie, Summer, Jared & Macie Palm, Lucy, Charlie, Hadley Hogge, Eliza and Claire Davenport 

Lucy had her 8-year-old Huntsville skating party today.  It was one of the funnest parties... even for the parents.  Joey is the best dad and watching him direct all the ice skating games and gym games just made me so so in love with him.  He is such a good human.  And Lucy is lucky to have such a funny dad to make her friends laugh and have such creative, silly games.

At the ice they played: 4-corners, train race, figure 8s, gliders, freeze dance and my personal favorite - "who can cheer loudest for joey and katie".   A "game" where they watched us do a skating routine and the person who cheered the loudest got prizes from Truman.  So, we felt like super stars.  I'm sure onlookers, not knowing we were buying their cheers, thought we were really something special. :)

Special thanks to Jake and Truman for helping with the party.

 



 these darling friends...



 






 

Lucky Lucy!


After about an hour and a half we headed over to the church gym for the second half of the party.

hovering around the hover board 
Here Joey led them in the following games: push the rollerbladers relay (joey said this was the funnest one.  I was making pizzas so I missed it. they were on two teams and basically just pushed maryanne and lucy down and back across the gym and handed them off) , "i'm a little whiner-pants" (they had to put their snowpants between their legs and go down and back saying "I'm a little whiner pants".  this was requested by Lucy) , sassy-walk relay race (had to walk down and back with one hand on their hip and one hand out being sassy and saying sassy things like... oh no she di-ent")   hahahaha - my husband is a weirdo and i love it.  No pics since I was in the kitchen.... because I'm a woman. ;)
Pizza time.  


Presents! 
She was so thankful to all of her friends for their gifts. This girl has a gratitude attitude. 


for her cake she asked for a Huntsville skating rink cake.
 


aaaand ... a spanking machine to end the night.



This girl.  She is so much fun.  Speaking of her gratitude attitude - at the end of the party, she got on the microphone and said "I just want to thank my parents for this perfect party.  I know they worked so hard and so I want to say thank you!"  She knows just what to say.  :)

My favorite part of the night was driving all the Eden girls home.  They were being so funny and loud and giggly and it just made me smile so big as I remembered being that age.  Being in the car with a bunch of friends was the ultimate.  I especially got a kick out of them cranking up Call Me Maybe and all 4 of them belting it out as loud as they could.  I'm so grateful that Lucy has made such good friends here.  They seem to match her in spunk which is pretty fun. 

Tonight Joey and I snuggled in bed with Lucy and watched some of her funny home videos and it was really fun to remember that Lucy has always been Lucy.  She's just zany and made us laugh then and now.  Oh, I love her.

Happy Birthday Magoo!  

No comments:

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed