First of all, I'm sorry Maryanne. For some reason I didn't get good pictures of your birthday. but it doesn't mean I don't love you. And also, I started strong but totally did a birthday fail on your actual birthday because I was so sick. So, dad bought you some day-old donuts and I only have one (not so great) shot of you with your four candles. Happy 4 year old birthday!! :)
Birthday date at Chick-Fil-A
Excited about our next stop: Sweet and Sassy Salon!
Where you got a princess make-over: hair, nails and make-up
And then got to pick out some prizes and make your own smelly, sparky bath scrub!
The fancy scrub looked so much like cupcakes ...
...it made you want actual cupcakes! So our final stop was Gigi's cupcakes.
Saturday was Germantown High's play The Little Mermaid! And all your cousins came.
Meeting the Sea Witch and Ariel afterwards.
Your birthday....
I wish I had the moment you woke up. If there is something to be excited about - boy, you know how to get excited. You woke up to us singing and already had a huge smile. You sat right up to eat your german pancakes and grapefruit. And opened presents, well.... present. (musicbox from grandma - another fail was that all your presents from us showed up the day after your birthday instead of the day before. first time amazon has ever been late)
Then that night your dad bought a bag of donuts and a cake but then accidentally left the cake at the store. But the donuts were great. And mostly you were great.
So, now you are FOUR!
You recently learned how to draw things that look like things. And I love it so much. This is my favorite. A picture of the two of us you drew a few months ago. (you are on the left and I'm on the right. You said you drew yourself as a big sister and me as a mom)
And you also learned to write your name! It's a doozy of a long name and I'm so proud of you!
a few clips of you from Gracie's phone
[elsa umbrella from aunt kate]
4 year old interview:
Best friend: Emme
Why is Emme your best friend? Because she always shares and lets me have her stuff.
Who are you going to marry? Bennett. Or Josh. No, actually Bennett. Emme thinks she's going to marry Bennett but I'm going to marry Bennett
How many kids are you going to have? 5
What are you going to name them? Rosie, Glitzy, Twinkle, Fred and Gred.
Are you going to have any pets? Yes, a cat and a dog. Because when I'm a mom I won't be scared of dogs.
What color is your house going to be? pink
What about your bedroom? I want my bed to be blue and my bedroom to be red
What do you want to be when you grow up? A fairy
Why a fairy? Because I want to fly
What is your favorite thing to do: Go to Bennett's house and also, watch a show [it should be noted that she never goes to Bennett's house...so I made her say another one]
Favorite show: Barbie Super Squad
Favorite Food: German Pancakes
What is something you are excited about right now? I'm excited about that I'm going to have a violin for my next birthday. (?)
Your favorite memory in your 4 years: I went to the ocean with the double-cousins and the cousins.
We love you so much Maryanne!
Happy Birthday!




















5 comments:
Next time I come to Memphis, I want to go to the Sweet & Sassy Salon! Not only is Maryanne cute, she is very confident about who gets to marry Bennett.
Those were actually awesome birthday things!! And an incredible birthday date, wowie!! Oh we love, love, love our beautiful, dimpled, sweet Maryanne. Love her cellphone song the best. :)
Marianne's art skills are far and beyond above Ethan's. He always just scribbles unless carefully prompted to draw a real thing. And your birthday date sounds awesome. We need to start doing those.
Best aunt ever huh...Yeah, that's probably right. Also, I hope Maryanne's kids have an excellent sense of humor or are big enough to defend themselves on the playground.
Oh, I love how you celebrate birthdays in your house!!!! You are such an awesome mom. And I love how you document them. Miss you.
Post a Comment