Monday, May 23, 2011

oh the rains came down and the floods came up

We had some flooding scares this month. As you know the Mississippi River was crazy high and there was a lot of flooding in Memphis. Our neighborhood is on a flood plain and most people here evacuated. We stayed and waited for the flood to come - we moved stuff upstairs and got everything above knee level. But the happy news is that we stayed dry. Well, our carpets and walls did - we got a little wet.



3 comments:

Jesse said...

I didn't realize you had such a close call with the floods!! Glad everything is okay. :)

edith said...

I am so glad you didn't get flooded out! Mom and Dad are not so lucky, darn it.
Those are some cute kids.

Mike McBorg said...

Just caught up on all your recent posts! You guys are fun guys. We've got some flooding, boo. I had some friends who went to the Smokies (is that what they're called?) and loved it. I heard it's beautiful there. I want to travel!

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed