Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Pie

A few months ago Joey proudly reported that he sings Luke his "favorite song". I begged to differ. It was the Primary song Pioneer Children. But I sing WAY cooler songs like Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Itsy Bitsy Spider and Popcorn Popping- those are his true favorites I'm sure. But Joey was firm and argued that Luke's eyes just lit up whenever he sang it.

So, one night I was putting Luke to bed and he looked up at me and said, "Pie?"
I didn't understand. "Pie?.... Um... Oh... Spie? Spider? You want Itsy Bitsy Spider?"
"No, PIE! Pie??"
And then I realized it, oh no! I reluctantly said, "PIE-oneer Children? Is that what you want?"
Sure enough - his eyes lit up. I started singing it and he was so happy! But he interrupted me half-way through and said, "Daddy?"
So hurt. Whatever Luke! "You want Daddy to sing it?" Again, his eyes twinkled yes. So, I swallowed my pride and went to tell Joey not only that he was right but that he was getting requests. Of course, he LOVED that. :-)

So, it's now a family favorite and is requested most every night. Just within the last few days, Luke started singing along. He does a really good job. This is today before his nap:




And here are a few pics of this guy at our recent trip to the zoo
What's with this face? It cracks me up.





and this face?



Do you love him? do ya? huh?

15 comments:

adventure knitter said...

It looks like he climbed into the alligator tank! What a ham! he's so cute!

Christie said...

Hi song was SO cute!! He speaks SO clearly! WOW. What a cutie!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

i needed to edit...very cute song. and those faces are joey faces for sure. i can totally picture him making them.

Star said...

I'm so glad you captured the song, and what excellent singers you both are! That little Luke is so stinkin' cute!

kate said...

so so cute! gah! caleb and i both loved it!! we need to hang out again.

Jenny said...

That was so stinkin' cute. Rachel says that Luke knows the words better than she does. (Maybe Joey can call up and sing it to her.)
(Oh, and what is that green water he's standing in?)

Katie said...

Oh, it's just a little river that runs through the zoo. I'm such a pushover mom - he wanted to get in, so in he went clothes and all. And tell Rachel not to ask Joey what the words are - he makes up new ones every time he sings it. I had to ask Edith the real words when we were home visiting.

Tristina said...

That was amazingly awesome. I must come see him in person.

Melanie said...

i love the singing! i can't believe luke can sing so well. he definitely speaks more clearly than james. very cute!

Robin said...

Oh wow. I feel sorry for Luke Jr. (or maybe Lukette?) cuz those are some mighty big shoes to fill. How do you top that?

It's now officially official that you guys have the cutest kid alive!

olderockhouse said...

that's so awesome that Pioneer children is his favorite song. Who knew? He's adorable.

Rebekah said...

Luke is making Truman look pretty retarded these days. Still no words except "bah!" and "uh!" Dad is pretty sure I didn't talk until I was 4yrs old so maybe there's hope. (because I am an above-average talker now) We need to learn video posting. Do you use the Sony for those? Great video and what a soft, sweet pre-nap voice you are developing. When do we know the gender on the golf ball?

Lana said...

AHHHHHH! That is the cutest thing EVER!! Pioneer children though? come on, cant we get something more up beat? How about the song we ALWAYS sang together,"I would walk 500 miles, just to be that man..." I would love to hear him sing that Katie!! He is adorable.

Brooke said...

I DO love him! That is such a cute video!

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed