Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Magoo turns 7


bringing breakfast

birthday girl!  7 years old!

Maryanne was so excited because Lucy bought everyone else presents for her birthday.



Luke gave Lucy all his Legos for her birthday.   So nice of him but I'm really hoping he doesn't regret his decision later.  :)


Luke's b-day card.  "Love you!  Sword.  zombie disco dance party."
 

Now - PARTY PREP!
Lucy and I had gone shopping and planned out her party the day before,  She is so fun to hang out with and is a girl who knows her own mind - which I really admire about her.  She decided on a Minecraft party.

THE CAKE!  
Super fun to make - Lucy did the finishing touches and put the minecraft dudes on it. 



Now time for the guests.  She got to invite 7 people: Catie Joy, Brady and Morgan (from her Kindergarten class)  Morgan ended up not coming.  But we had our neighbor Stephanie join us.  And the 4 cousins!  She was SOOOO happy to see Catie Joy.

Our first (and BEST) activity was Marlowe Blodgette Balloon lady!  She told a story all about Lucy going on a big adventure and made all sorts of balloon props as she went along.  It was so cool and Lucy's favorite part of her birthday.


So she made creation after creation just for the Lucy story and then just took requests from every child as long as they were requesting.   SO MANY BALLOONS!


A parrot that can actually stay on your shoulder.   A Lucy ballerina. 


some crazy hat for the cutest baby in the world.

A joker hat.  A hotdog.

Next we did a puzzle competition.  Olivia won.  Catie Joy won second place. 


And then PIN THE TAIL ON THE PIG (using a creeper head blindfold) :)

Minecraft Cake and Lucy's favorite ice cream - Mint Chocolate Chip.

Make a wish

The birthday madness ensues 

A STEVE PINATA!

Daddy made Steve a little too strong and he wouldn't break.  So took matters into his own hands.  And it was hilarious watching him smash the pinata with his brute strength.

Next was a daddy-made escape room/ treasure hunt for presents.  


Lucy got 2 controllers so that she and Olivia can FINALLY play Minecraft with Luke and Jane, a gumball machine, a pink scooter, american girl doll clothes and lego friends lego set. 


I love this seven year old with all my heart.  She's vivacious and creative and helpful.  I love when she holds my hand - she takes her little thumb and strokes the inside of my hand as we walk.  (with her scratchy little eczema thumb tip - love it)  She tells me how much she loves me all the time.  And is my fierce defender whenever I'm hard on myself.
 I love to watch her creative genius come alive at home school as she folds paper into a 3-dimensional bed with pillows or she bends a paper clip into a tiny wire hanger for to hang some paper clothes in a little closet she's made.  She really never ceases to amaze me because that makey, crafty talent definitely didn't come from me.  Lucy is so capable.  She can do anything she sets her mind to doing.  Watching her empty the dishwasher is like watching a daring circus act because she never asks for help - she just figures out where and how to put stuff away on her own.  She will put the big bowls away on the top of the refrigerator!!   She just finds a way to do it.  
She loves to tell stories - every detail.  The other day she was telling a loooooong story and I was smiling and nodding and she said "mom, why does my story of a thing take longer than the thing that actually happened?"   That made me laugh because it's kinda true.
Speaking of taking a long time - she is a very thorough person and likes her projects to be done well.  And that means she will spend a very long time on things.  It's been hard on her because she'll work on something like a story or a drawing for a very long time and she wonders how Luke got through 3 or 4 subjects in the same amount of time.   And every story we read - she stops and asks tons of questions and has to process every detail before we can move on.
My favorite thing is that I feel like just in the last six months or so we have really become good friends.  I enjoy her company so much - she's funny and clever and just a cool person.  Happy 7th my dear Luce!  You are a joy to be raising.

Oh and while I'm doing a birthday post - I might as well add on her birthday date

Pei Wei 
(she kindly let us go to a grown-up restaurant before Chuck E. Cheese's)

Chuck E. Cheese's




Love you Lucy!!!

5 comments:

kate said...

Okay that was one awesome birthday!! I loved the balloons so much. Lucy is an incredible gal! So many wonderful talents! And she is sweet and kind to boot, but also so so silly and fun. I love Lucy! Also that first picture of her at Chuckecheese may be my favorite picture of her EVER!! Hahaha! Perfect.

Katie B. said...

Your birthday parties are SO COOL! I still haven't ventured into the party realm. And for Isaac's last birthday cake I just printed out a picture to put on top. Too busy with play practices to do a full frosting version. Maybe I can be cool like you guys when I grow up. :)

Katie B. said...

Your birthday parties are SO COOL! I still haven't ventured into the party realm. And for Isaac's last birthday cake I just printed out a picture to put on top. Too busy with play practices to do a full frosting version. Maybe I can be cool like you guys when I grow up. :)

Alicia said...

I love that you are in the pictures Katie. What a sweet birthday post. This gave me a smile today.

edith said...

Meri was excited to see Lucy wearing the dress she made. I loved your cake and birthday party! Oh, and your kids of course. I got excited thinking about how you guys are coming out here in just a few months!
Happy Birthday, Lucy! You're beautiful!

Every story has a beginning...

Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.

happy kids

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed