mud mask facial in the hospital w. Sarah on day 7
I just got home from my visit to Utah where I spent a lot of time in the hospital visiting my sister Sarah. She just had major surgery where they removed a huge tumor from her abdomen. They also removed about a foot of her small intestine and part of her colon. It's so scary and she is in so much pain. The doctors said the tumor was a slow-growing cancer called GIST - gastrointestinal stromal tumor. They said it was easily treated by a low dose of chemo. But I just found out tonight from my other sister that they might have been wrong and it could be a more aggressive kind of cancer. Which means the treatment might not be so easy. So, now I'm back in Tennessee feeling helpless and far away. I decided to do a website for her with updates for family and friends and give people a way to help her by donating to a sarah fund. I want to raise $3,000 for her by June 1st to help her with medical bills not covered by her insurance. I know they have a high deductible and are both not working while they go through this - so this will be a drop in the bucket, but it will still help. Here is is
http://forsarahanne.blogspot.com/
THANKS SO MUCH!!
6 comments:
Oh Kate, I'm so sorry! I hadn't heard yet. We'll keep you and your family in our prayers. We sure love you Songers!
i posted about this on my blog, katie. i hope that is ok. i am so sad, i didn't know that's why you were in utah! sure love you and sarah.
Love, love both of you girls! So sorry she is going through this, but glad to know, she'll be in my prayers.
Katie! How's she doing? Just told Kara. We're both just in shock. I'll call. Love you. Love her. Love all Songers, even Jake.
Thank you so much for making a blog and providing a way to help out. Oh my heart is aching for Sarah. Thinking of her lots and many prayers.
How did I miss this post until now? Send my love to Sarah! She will definately be in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there my Songer girls!
Post a Comment