Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Every story has a beginning...
Joey and Katie first met in Mr. Hawkes 3rd grade class at Valley Elementary. They became good friends in Jr. High and best friends in High School. Katie wrote to Joey on his mission in Tiajuana and Joey wrote to Katie later on her mission in Tokyo. Years later at the ripe old age of 25, these best friends finally fell in love... or maybe just realized they were already in love. They got married on January 22, 2004.
happy kids
15 comments:
hmmm....I flew with Meg a lot at that age...never that long of flights, but we did go to and from Hawaii at that age. I think I gave her Tylenol...I"m a horrible mom, huh. She slept a lot and has always been a good traveler. Bring some snacks and toys and a few changes of clothes for him, just in case! what are you going to china for?!
I don't know about the other drugs, so I will only tell you to NOT use Benadryl. It should never be used with children under 2 years old because it has been known to cause respiratory problems. What about a huge arsenal of games, toys, activities, and snacks? What about chamomile tea? Can you put a little in a bottle of formula? Look at me, a kidless gal trying to give you advice. Or, you can use Ailee's favorite remedy for any worry: http://devinandmonicabrady.blogspot.com/2008/09/ailees-faith.html
My brother and his wife took their baby boy to Lithuania with them. The doctor told them to give their son benadryl. He scrame and was irritable the entire way (24) hours. They didn't give him anything on the way back and he was fine.
I've traveled many a time with kids, but never that long. I'll tell you a few things that worked well for us... Color wonder is amazing.... Great for the plane, first time with markers would be a special hit. A package of stickers, take off sick on paper, stick on mommy, stick on nose... it can go on for hours. :-). A trip to the $$ to get a few toys and open them on the plane so that each one is new. A package of bandaids is another sticker like game. little treats and candies, tons of dum dums/ ring pops/ babybottle pop. Nurse/ bottle, for all take offs and landings. Make sure you wait till take off to nurse cuz if you start on the tarmac you could be done by the time you take off. They have Teddy-grams that you can dip (in their individual packs... those buy some time.. dipping anything really) wipes/Kleenex's that pop up, that is full of fun, you can always just shove them back into the pack after the fun of pulling them out over and over!
Good luck.
i have no clue. have a lot of fun though! my kids were always the worst when i expected them to be. keep yourself calm and he'll be fine. and ditto the benadryl, don't even go there....
even though you probably didn't have to buy a seat for luke, take his carseat with you if you can. then before boarding have them check to see if there are 3 seats available together, or if they can move the person next to you two to a single seat. they will move your seats so that luke can be in his carseat and hopefully sleep more. if there are no seats you can just check it at the gate. jane at 10 months did fine on a 5 hour plane ride, i'm sure luke will be good. she actually was interested in the mini dvd player we brought for malan, with headphones. good luck! have a wonderful trip!
What? You're going to china? the only thing I ever did was nurse during the take off. good luck. i would be nervous, too!
Simple... two words...
FED EX
You're welcome, though you do lose the frequent flier miles.
We traveled to and from Korea many times when our kids were anywhere from infants to kindergartners. Fun times. Be prepared for the worst and plan for the best. Take his favorite snacks, be prepared to walk up and down the isles with him a lot, take a new toy or two for interest. Try to not let him get overly tired unless he doesn't have problems with that. Take treats for the people sitting around you! I hope you will report back so we know how he did! Too bad Fed Exing isn't an option... haha.
You're leaving so soon!! I tried to call and give some advice, but I got no answer. Reading through the comments, though, I think you got some good ones!! I am excited for ya!!! Have a great time!!!!
Holl
I didnt even know you were leaving! =( you will be missed! but have an awesome time. I have to agree with the drugging method. Thats a long flight! Good luck! (at least he cant walk!)
Benadryl. It may have the opposite effect too so hope that it sedates.
Bourbon
Beer.
oh, I didn't see the bourbon comment. I've had people tell me to put beer in my kids' bottles to put them to sleep. If other people do it, it couldn't be that bad right? ha ha :) Have fun in China!
Post a Comment